RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2005 range rover. I tried to unhook the fuel pump to replace only the pump. I broke the barb that the fuel line hook on also i dont think the the fuel line clamps any good the orange piece broke too. How i go about replacing the fuel line clamps and whats a good way to removed the clamps? I know im going to need a used pump housing.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
120 Posts
First problem: You have two options as I see it, the easier (like you said), but more expensive is to replace the entire pump assembly. The second, but much more difficult is to use the third, unused/sealed hose barb on the pump top and re-route the internal pump hose from your now-broken barb and connect it to the third sealed hose barb. You would then cut the third sealed hose barb and be able to use it as your connection. You would have to seal up the broken barb connection and make it air tight (JB weld). If you are confident you can do it, and test it very well for leaks, then more power to you.

I had this same issue with my old pump assembly, which I saved and might make a video soon exploring this possibility. I shelved out $700 for a brand new OEM pump assembly and jet pump.

Second problem: damaged orange connector (see my post in this thread plus video); https://www.rangerovers.net/forum/6-range-rover-mark-iii-l322/203905-2003-hse-fuel-line-quick-connect-damaged.html#post2255660

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went to junk yard and found a pump and kept the fittings on it. I pick up a hose from lowes and barb fittings and hooked it up to new pump. Turned out pretty good. Thanks for that link

1 - 3 of 3 Posts