RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I used a wee bit too much force and managed to break the plastic push fit connector on the clear fuel pipe that goes from the lift pump to the engine itself - it's a sort of right angled piece and means it is a non goer for now

any ideas where I would buy a new pipe? Or is this one of these fuel pipes that you have to get made up for you?

any help would be great - esp as the wife is not happy at all!

cheers

ps - I seem to remember someone else had the same problem? broke the pipe as well?

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
The workshop has only been open 6 weeks and so far I've seen 2 M51 powered p38's with this issue. If I was you, replace all the fuel pipes after the pump, especially the ones delivering the fuel between the injectors. They are pretty cheap at the dealer. There is one long pipe and 5 or 6 short pipes - can't remember without MicroCat. However, in true LR style, the long pipe is cheaper than the short so just get a couple of long ones and cut them carefully in half.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Having worked on that pipe myself I suggest you need the complete pipe, which comes with the connectors fitted.
There are two alternatives -
Assuming it's standard, then if the chassis number is after WA 409250 you need part STC 4213. This is further identified by having a banjo bolt fitting onto the pump.
Before that chassis number you need STC 2296. This is further identified by having a tube nut fitting onto the pump.

The part numbers may be obsolete by now, the prices certainly are, but I'd guess £10 +/- £5, +VAT.
You may have to give up jam on your bread this week!!

I think Rich is talking about different pipes altogether.
"the ones delivering the fuel between the injectors." are not delivering the fuel, they are leak-off pipes.
"all the fuel pipes after the pump, " covers the steel pipes to the injectors, as well as the leak-off pipes.
While the leak-off pipes do benefit from being replaced, and are cheap to do, I'd suggest there is little need to change the steel injector pipes 'on-spec'.

HTH

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Yep - sorry - leak off pipes they are. Just get then changed while you smell of diesel as they frey at the ends and eventually leak fuel all over the top of the engine.

Where is the nearest parts supplier for Inverness then? :think:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys - thanks very much for all the help :)

The pipe I am talking about is the one that goes from the lift pump - thats the part with the fuel filter below it right? - from there to the injector pump - side of engine block - there is no banjo bolt on this one but a brass nut with olive instead. I hope I am not confusing the issue but I do know there is a banjo bolt under the intercooler manifold and is to do with the fuel leak off but this is not what is the probloem with mine.

will check out your part numbers tomorrow chas - cheers :)

a few suppliers up here rich - davidson and macmillan are always good to try and inverness 4x4 are worthwhile too :)

cheers :)

·
Registered
640 Posts
Items 4 and 22 showing current price Retail Price inc. Vat around £21.00

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
col you're a legend :)

where did you get the pic from? any chance of sending me the file?

thanks again :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts