Range Rovers Forum banner

British trailer hitch

852 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Special Ed 
#1 ·
Has anyone tried using a trailer hitch receiver from the UK? I've seen a lot of them for sale way cheaper than one from the US. The main difference I can see is that the US one is just a receiver and would need the tow ball while the UK version has a gooseneck tow ball all in one piece.

Thanks in advance

#4 ·
Just having gone through setting up towing for our Airstream and previously a Popup trailer I found a lot of information on the hitches for our sport and of course lr3-lr4 and thought I would share.

1st the aftermarket bolt on receiver (AB and ebay, amazon... sell) bent to crap after hauling a 1300 pound pop up trailer out to the desert. Steer away from those, not sure if any of them are good. Secondly there have been quite a few reports of the factory hitch popping loose and dropping the trailer. I ended up buying the Curt bolt in receiver that mounts to the frame in the spare tirewell. Reviews said that the full size spare will not fit back in place but after removing the exhaust heat shield (exhaust is cut before the axle) my spare fit back in place. The Curt can handle more weight both tongue and trailer and is only 180$ on Amazon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.