RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys -

I am the former owner of an Aintree RRS...feeling nostalgic and want to get back into another one.

There are basically zero aintree's in stock anywhere. There's a dealer with a british racing green which I assume was a cancelled customer order (can't imagine a dealer buying that for stock...). Not loving the $4K cost bump but for various reasons I can't order, so might just take the hit.

Has anyone seen this color in person, to compare it to aintree? Really tough to tell anything via web photos.

Thanks!

·
Administrator
27,805 Posts
Aintree is gorgeous when the sunlight lights it up... but I find it rather boring and dark most of the time. British Racing Green, no matter the car, is ever so slightly lighter but truly glows in the sun. It stands apart and states there is no way this vehicle can be mistaken for not being British. Land Rover has taken the colour to new depths on the 405s and 494s. Having seen both on 405s, I certainly would not hesitate to take an in stock BRG over waiting for Aintree.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Are the Aintree Green and BRG the same or similar colors? On Topix, my 2016 RRS shows as below:

BRTSH RACING GRN/AINTREE GREEN

Not sure if dealers use it interchangeably... Anyway, I like this color and have only seen one, beside mine in the North Dallas area. Great color and has a bit of glimmer in the sun.

One thing I did find out earlier this year, when I was thinking of trading mine in for a 2018 RRS or the ML450, the dealers quoted me lower trade-in value due to the color. I guess, it is somewhat difficult for them to sell...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Aintree is much tougher, BRG is much better for resale. They are absolutely vastly different colors, that's stange they would be listed together.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts