116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try it? if so how does it ride?
sounds like its about 2inches higher than
their standard coil conversion kit.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
OP, please oh please delete this thread and use the search function. It will save you a bottle of asprin..... :roll:

Martin

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My post was serious and not about pro's/con's
I just received their catalog and was wondering
about their h/d kit.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
h/d means stiffer ride, I've heard many complain about the h/d effect on their rover. If you want a lift, you need LONGER springs, not stiffer. it depends on what you want to do with your RR in the future. do you want do offorad? then softer springs are in order. do you plan on staying on the street and driving "spirited"? then SHORTER stiffer springs are in order.... think beyond "it's taller! cool!"

·
Registered
543 Posts
Hammerma.

Probably a standard height set are progressive rated, versus the heavy duty pair which is linear rated and suited to towing ?

Check out www.kingsprings.com web-site for further explanation of what references they make for 4WD and SUV vehicles !

I've fitted 'Kings' standard height-progressive rated-30% stiffer coils on my Classic which work a treat with the Bilstiens too, mind you after also swapping my skinny 16" Hi-line rims for 15" Dick Cepek FC2's, ride quality is now Rangie plush smooth.

Cheerio,

Vinniman.
'88 Highline
Perth, W.A.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My 99 RR is my daily driver which for me is only 5k year. Only gets driven 2-3 days a week.
However it does get used for family vacations. Wife, kids, coolers, toys. etc, etc. till completely stuffed.
Then we either pull the boat or camper. so when the eas does fail just curious.

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
IIRC, Lira runs on a set of HD Bearmach springs. He appears more than happy with them.

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
hammerma said:
My 99 RR is my daily driver which for me is only 5k year. Only gets driven 2-3 days a week.
However it does get used for family vacations. Wife, kids, coolers, toys. etc, etc. till completely stuffed.
that's where the EAS is designed to shine though, varying loads, towing etc.. with EAS your ride height stays constant and level, no matter the load.

The EAS doesn't fail like a blown engine, it's not an inevitable complete loss, it just needs rebuilt. The parts costs are the same to do a full overhaul after it's gone completely dead, or as preventative maintenance. New springs/orings/piston seal. Just like your brakes, if you ignore the warning signs it will stop working at the most inopportune time, but if you do general maintenance- replace consumable wear items, it will run forever.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
hammerma said:
A perfect candidate for the EAS then IMHO.
The only reason I would go coils is for serious offroading, as an airbag will always have less flex than a coil will when built right.
For varying loads and towing though, EAS wins hands down. That is why I rebuilt all mine and it is now flawless. I also installed a set of KYB shocks, and they help a lot when towing.

Martin

1 - 11 of 11 Posts