RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All...have a new ATB on order in Santori back and truth be told...not sure if I will ever warm up to the vertical bright atlas blades on the truck...and if you make it body color, I find the horizontal trim doesn't finish nicely when it meets the door. The full blase on the light colors doesn't look nearly as bold on light colors for sure....but mine is black - really sticks out there. Any pictures or comments to what guys did - or am I just to get used to it. LR has been doing it on this truck since 2013 - so is it just me that doesn't like it???

·
Registered
10 Posts
Congrats on the order. I will be placing one for a Supercharged in the Spring and have been going through this with the wife. As you mentioned above; on light colors it looks different than black so for our Yulong White we are planning on keeping it body color. If I was going black I would get it in a deviated color, probably grey. This is always going to be subjective so there’s no right or wrong way to do it.

I say keep it body colored and if you don’t like it after a month you can get those accents wrapped. This is safer vs going the other way around and you won’t have to worry about matching your black body paint with the correct black wrap.

·
Registered
396 Posts
It is my understanding that the "blades" will not be finished the same as body color, but have a satin effect, if you do not do the atlas trim or the black package, for 2018.

·
Registered
101 Posts
In this Range Rover Accessories video starting at the 24 second mark you can see the "satin" accent trim which contrasts with the gloss paint finish. For '18 the lower accent graphic + vertical door blades are satin finish with the body color of the exterior on all trims below atb, but are available on the atb as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGT-kJB1NbY

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,705 Posts
Joe, at the end of the video they give you the website to go to.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts