Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all reading...
I have an 08 Sport SC. I had a caliper stick (passenger side) and eat some of my rotor up. I have brought new slotted rotors and have now bought 2 different sets of calipers with neither of them correct. They say they fit 2006-2009 Spot SC but as you can see from the picture they are not the same. Did they put a different set of calipers on the 08? Is there something special I'm missing? Currently, my truck is sitting at the shop and will be until I find these parts. Any help would be welcomed.

Attachments

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
645 Posts
I think 2006-2009 RRS SC had 4 piston Brembo, 2010-2013 RRS SC had 6 piston brembos, hence bigger body.
Check if Rotors you bought fit 2006-2013 RRS SC and if yes, you could use bigger Brembos - no problem, they will, probably fit right in.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
697 Posts
1. How was the caliper diagnosed.
2. Have you ever replaced the rubber brake lines.
3. Why not rebuild the brembo with seals and pistons for less than 50 bucks from rockauto?
I can see you going through all this to find your brakes melting again, as it is the hose.

CENTRIC 14646011 = Caliper Piston if one is corroded, causing the sticking.
CENTRIC 14322007 = Seals

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think 2006-2009 RRS SC had 4 piston Brembo, 2010-2013 RRS SC had 6 piston brembos, hence bigger body.
Check if Rotors you bought fit 2006-2013 RRS SC and if yes, you could use bigger Brembos - no problem, they will, probably fit right in.
Thank you for reply. So both are 4 piston. But as you can see from the backs they are not the same and Do Not. Note the blocks on the back because they are bent outward they hit my stock rims.I'm pulling my hair out trying to figure this out.
Tool Wood Bumper Bicycle part Rim
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Hardwood

1. How was the caliper diagnosed.
2. Have you ever replaced the rubber brake lines.
3. Why not rebuild the brembo with seals and pistons for less than 50 bucks from rockauto?
I can see you going through all this to find your brakes melting again, as it is the hose.

CENTRIC 14646011 = Caliper Piston if one is corroded, causing the sticking.
CENTRIC 14322007 = Seals
Thanks for replying. There are many reasons why I cant rebuild but the biggest is I'm not that guy. I would so screw it up and cause more damage for sure not to mention if I did accomplish it I would drive myself crazy waiting for the breaks to fail. That's why I pay professionals to do it, but I live in a very rural spot in Michigan and the one import place said they would do it just bring them the parts. I know why now. =) So this is what I found out in my 36hrs of research. The breaks that were sent to me belong on an HSE SC. The weights ( I called them blocks in my earlier post) are angled outwards. On a Sport SC, they are straight up and down. Both are 4 pistons both are for 2006-2009. but are for 2 different models.It may have something to do with the weight of the vehicle would be my best guess why the weights are moved but for whatever reason there it is. I did happen to find a set of rehabbed from Roverland Parts I think in FL for 790.00. The crappy thing is the set I bought on Ebay the guy wont take back. 500.00, He told me they would fit and had them listed as RR Sport SC calipers. Goes under the name aardvarc on eBay. Avoid this guy at all costs basically told me Luck was not on my side and that he would not be replying to any other emails. Hope pay pal can help.
So I hope this helps some people that may run into the same problem if you are non-mechanical like I am, try and do a bit of research first because I thought I did and boy was I wrong.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
645 Posts
Hi, I am doing $20-30K Ebay sales and about half of that in ebay purchases every year. You do not have to go with what the guy says. I believe you have something like 2-3 month to file a case. Simply find where it says "Item not as described" and click on. Make a note that seller had advertised the item to fit your vehicle and it does not, you can attach picture of your brake caliper and what you have received.
Ebay will generate a return label, no seller consent needed, package the item carefully and ship it, system will track when it arrives back to the seller automatically and should refund the money. There is no such thing as "I will not take it back" on Ebay especially if something sold does not work or does not match description given.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts