RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 3.0 Diesel HSE and the brakes are a bit to be desired. Low pedal feel and poor stopping quality. It brakes well, there are no vacuum problems, but "she is heavy" so who knows. I'm used to Jag Supercharged braking.

Can I swap a Brembo setup from a SC Range Rover or Sport? Will they bolt up to the existing knuckles? Any other items needed?

So if they will bolt up......I know I'll need the Calipers, Rotors, and rear splash guards. Anything else I'm not thinking about?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I believe it will work, just based on the fact that euroactive sells a set for $4-5k, and I believe they say an upgrade is possible.

Last piece of the puzzle is to make sure your rims will fit over the Brembos, I believe it's 20" or larger but definitely double check everything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have 22x9.5's, so should fit. Had that issue with my Touareg v10, Brembo needs at least 19's. Can't seem to get backing plates cheap, so I may have to get creative with a slege hammer. FYI, junk yards sell the setup for about $1000 with rotors and brake lines. They won't sell backing plates without the front suspension. 20190408232813075_DSC03526.jpg

1 - 3 of 3 Posts