RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greeting folks.
First of all, great forum and a big thanks to all the folks who continue to provide all this invaluable info.
I'm trying to determine what the proper bolt torque spec's are for Brembo calipers for a 2012 RRS Supercharged.

The numbers seem to be all over the place, so any help would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
799 Posts
Haha too funny. I just learned how to change out the pads on my Brembos last night. I guess you're also doing the rotors right? If it's just the pads you will not need to remove the caliper. Just unbolt the middle pin and tap the top and bottom pins out, remove the retaining clip then open the pistons a bit to take the old pads out, open both sides of the caliper a bit more to accommodate the new pads, pop those in, slap it all together in reverse order and you're done....

The pad wear sensor can be easily disconnected IF YOU GO SLOW AND CAREFULLY. It is wrapped in a small metal clip that may fly off so be wary of that. We did it with a bit of brake cleaner and a flat head carefully tapping it out. Those cables break easily but if you're careful you'll be fine.

Those Brembos are incredibly easy to work on. I was really surprised. Next time I'll try it at home. ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You are correct. They are extremely easy to work on.
I'm also replacing the rotors, which is the reason for the question.
Appreciate any help..

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
799 Posts
If you have a torque wrench you could loosen it and see how much torque was required to jar it loose. Not exactly accurate but at least you get an idea. If I were you I'd try that first and since it will take a lot more torque to get the bolts loose, the reading you'll get may be exaggerated so when re-tightening go a few notches lower on the torque setting. If you're mechanically savvy you'll get a good feel for it. I wouldn't worry about it too much but having the specs would be better.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
275Nm or 202 Lb ft is the number that has been thrown around.
Was just looking to confirm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts