RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi All,

looking for clarification on what correct discs / part numbers for my 2006 L322 RR with Brembo discs are.

Here is what I know / have found out.

I purchased a full set of discs and pads etc. last year from LRTrade parts, these are currently fitted, on the invoice it has the part numbers

Front disc SDB500182, Front pads (Mintex) LR019618
Rear disc LR031844, rear pads (delphi) LR019627

I want another set as the guy who fitted them also sprayed them and said it would not rust, but guess what, 6 months on and they are rusty as hell, so I have tried to contact LRTrade but they are a waste of time and are responding to emails and their website does not work.

When I search for the part number off the invoice, most adverts have a comment "WILL NOT FIT BREMBO BRAKES" so I am confused I have discs fitted but the part number on the invoice appears not to be correct if all the adverts are right!

I have carried on searching and found a little more info, this part number appears to be the brembo part number "09.8877.31" for my discs but I am not 100% sure.

So, I am looking for the correct part numbers for discs / pads for Brembo brakes, and if anyone knows anything about fitting drilled / slotted discs to my car this would be even better.

Thx Steve

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
WHat part of the disc is rusting? Unless the hub section is coated or painted then of course they will rust. If you are talking about the actual braking surface then they will form surface rust while sitting or with washing. It comes right off with the first stop sign.

Drilled and slotted discs have been covered many times across L322 and Sport sections. They are all gimmic and no gain for 99% of drivers.

Rear Disc comes up as LR031844 which is the same across SC and and nonSC models. Only your fronts are Brembo. Rear pads will follow suit.
Front Disc 500182 is a knock off of the genuine part, same fitment.

THe front pads listed above are for the nonSC, RR, Sport, LR3 etc. Most likely just an input error during billing and certainly not worth getting worked up about.

SC front pads will be a 50070 part number with suffix/prefix often changing with the manufacturer or supplier.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi RRToadHall,

Yes it's the middle and he he did paint them! he used the same paint as he did my bumper with (2pack) I questioned him on his choice but he assured me if car body paint didn't work nothing would, I was skeptical but gave in eventually since then I think I have concluded hammerite is what should have been used / will work. (I know I could remove and paint but I would prefer a quick disc change and back on the road)

Drilled and slotted are ONLY for show not performance

So, if I understand you correctly,

Rear brakes + Pads are normal RR L322 brakes so just get any that fit 2006 RR L322?
Front disc, any disc with 500182 in the code and pads with 50070 in the code will work?

As I was typing I was googling to try and understand I came across these [h=4]MTEC1397[/h]Sorry to be a pain but will these fit?

Thanks Steve

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
I have only used and only known others to use high temp paint or powder coating for discs and calipers. Carriers you can usually get away with standard paint because the heat from braking has usually dissipated by the time it gets to the guide pins.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Would the above part numbers work for a 2004 L322 RR HSE?

I have been searching for the same Brembo part numbers as well!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi RRToadHall,

Could you comment if I understood you correctly or not

Q) Rear brakes + Pads are normal RR L322 brakes so just get any that fit 2006 RR L322?
Q) Front disc, any disc with 500182 in the code and pads with 50070 in the code will work?

also about the link / question to those drilled / slotted discs?

Thanks

Steve

Hi RRToadHall,

Yes it's the middle and he he did paint them! he used the same paint as he did my bumper with (2pack) I questioned him on his choice but he assured me if car body paint didn't work nothing would, I was skeptical but gave in eventually since then I think I have concluded hammerite is what should have been used / will work. (I know I could remove and paint but I would prefer a quick disc change and back on the road)

Drilled and slotted are ONLY for show not performance

So, if I understand you correctly,

Rear brakes + Pads are normal RR L322 brakes so just get any that fit 2006 RR L322?
Front disc, any disc with 500182 in the code and pads with 50070 in the code will work?

As I was typing I was googling to try and understand I came across these MTEC1397

Sorry to be a pain but will these fit?

Thanks Steve

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
As stated above, only your front brakes are the larger Brembos. The rear brakes are the same across Sports, L322 and the SC version of both.

Proper front discs and pads are LR500182 and LR50070... am I missing a zero in there? ANyway suppliers will add OEM or G etc to the end to designate if they are land rover original, oem or add del for delphi or ebc... you get the idea. If a supplier is using their own brand or different part numbers all together then they usually still list the base part number.

As far as your link, no clue. Haven;t looked as I am usually on mobile during the day. I for one have never used nonLR parts on safety equipment because I could care less about bling. Genuine, or at least OEM I know I am always going to have proper fit, designed wear and preferred quality. Far too many folks on this site have proven that aftermarket gear is great at draining the pocket book but always lacks in quality, wear or life. Besides, if someone is paying that much attention to where I have holes and slots then I most likely don;t give a rip about their opinion. :lol:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone, discs are fitted but my new seals don't fir! I got a set of front seals from RR dealer and I should have known I would not get the correct part, anyone know the correct seal part number for these "Brembo" calipers. The one THEY GAVE ME are LSEE500040 also if anyone has the part number for the caliper piston that would be fantastic.

Also RRTH are they really Brembo, lots of people keep saying they are not, they say they look like TRW with Brembo painted on them, maybe made by TRW under licence or something?

EDIT:Might have found it SEE500010 for front seals and STC1918 for pistons ;-) if I have this wrong PLEASE tell me ASAP.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts