RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looks great!
I ordered some and they came yesterday and I installed them I'm just waiting for the silicone to cure, it said 24 hours......but they look great already!

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Looks really good. Keep us informed how they last. My high temp paint on the calipers faded in one year.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
44 Posts
Hey Garrett, thanks! I think they look awesome with your truck's color.

996, thanks! I'll be sure to post any changes, even if its bad. I'm pretty satisfied and confident with them so far.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Wow if you were to put 24" wheels on your RANGE ROVER, just saying you could see them even better.. I have a set of Calipers for sale, when you need them...

Scotty

·
Registered
31 Posts
kmagnuss said:
Now...if you really did have some nice brembos on there, that's a different story. I actually considered painting the brembos on my other car black, to match the car...instead of the grey that they are now. But I just don't feel like messing with it right now.
Do those grey Brembo's happen to have a R logo on them? I thought I recognized your Call name from Swedespeed. How do you like your Rov? What year is yours, color? Done any offroad mods? I just picked up a few months ago an 01 with 56k on it. Leaving it stock for a while though. Debating on if i should go with a lift kit or get Arnot air ride when my bags go. Not my first Rov though. Had a 91 Classic SWB with a lot of offroad work done to it. i'll always be a Rover guy! Probably more than a Volvo guy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Save for the real Brembo calipers. Probably need adapter plates and a minimum 18" rim. Would look sweet if it is designated a street truck. But if you offroad with those caps or even real ones they would get pretty crapped on from the mud and rocks. Don't even consider slotted rotors if mud is anywhere in the picture.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't get the haters here on caliper covers. Let's face it...the only reason anyone puts a Brembro big brake kite on a Range Rover is for the looks only. If you try to tell me its for performance then I will tell you to go buy an M4 where performance actually matters. Unless there is a slalom Range Rover circuit I don't know about.

Therefore I would much rather spend $135 on caliper covers that 99.99% of the people would never know they aren't legit versus $8,000 for a cool looking set of caliper covers.

·
Registered
641 Posts
Got to give them credit for being patient enough to read that far back.

He probably found it during a subject search though.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Garrett,
I ordered myself a set of 4 from ebay, installed them and have had them on for over two weeks. They look great! If you get them they will definitely fit with room to spare, you just have to trim some of the edges from the back side. After that its quite simple and straight forward. I Used 100 % silicone adhesive to attache them which is rated at 400 degrees. I don't know exactly how hot our trucks calipers get but I made sure I put them to the test before posting this and after long periods of heavy braking I would touch them to see if they were hot (just barely got warm), the rotors were hot enough to burn you though, and I would move them back and forth to see if the silicone was softening or melting (didn't even budge) I'm pretty confident that they are not going anywhere and will stay firm where they are. I think if the plastic was going to melt or the silicone was going to give it would have done so already. The wife has the truck but I will post some pics later on in the evening so you can see how they turned out. Also I have drilled and slotted rotors which I think makes them look even better.

what size did you order?

21 - 34 of 34 Posts