RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have 20% left in the Front, and 15% in the back. I live in the Bay Area and have been quoted at a ridiculous ~$2300 using OEM parts for all 4 from a Range Rover mechanic. Other generic brake shops have quoted me in the ~$1700 - $1900 range.

I am ok using the OEM rotors if they are necessary to replace, but does anyone else have other suggestions on solid aftermarket brake pads? So far, I have seen users suggest Porterfields, EBC Greenstuff, and Ferodo pads.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
152 Posts
I’ve been running Zimmerman rotors with pagid pads, all I can say the stopping power is there, can’t compare now to oem because it’s been a while but unfortunately they are a little messy. It’s gonna be interesting to see if other brands will follow Porsche new invention with tungsten carbide coating.

·
Registered
2006 Range Rover Sport 2016 Mercedes S550 4MATIC
122 Posts
My 06 RRS doesn't get royalty treatment anymore. I bought this rotor for it--- less than $50 bucks. I'm happy with it. It runs smoothly.

For a 10 years old car, it has to be true love if one spends over two grand for a brake job. :LOL:

·
Registered
122 Posts
And with matching brake pads for $13 bucks :love:

I changed them about 1000 miles ago. They are functioning well.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Here are some pictures of old and new:

I live in the NYC area. Winter weather and conditions are very corrosive for brakes. I think it's good to change them often: new 200 bucks brake rotors and pads are better than a few years' old $2000 system - my epiphany :)

·
Registered
535 Posts
I bought oem rotors from FCP Euro, on the top of fair price (under $150 ea) with FCP Euro lifetime watranty, it is last time I paid for rotors. As alternative you can buy genuine Brembo for less expencive - very likely same product but in my case - I was after lifetime warranty and Brembo brand was not offered.
Pads I bought from AB EBC Green Stuff (far not cheapest about $200) but as part of my search for less brake dust producing and less squaling pads. I am happy with results. While oem and Delphi pads worked well, squealing dust was more then I wanted.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have EBC green stuff pads w/ factory brembo rotors on front and back. After about of year of use, the brake squeal noise is ridiculous. Has anyone used powerstop brakes? I keep getting ads for them in my Instagram but I have not heard of anyone actually using them.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Alpaca, I dont think Akebono makes pads for Brembo brakes,

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
474 Posts
Yeah sorry. I don’t have brembos. I don’t have experience with centric which seems to be another option for these , but pagid pads are also good.

·
Registered
2007 Range Rover Sport SC L320
140 Posts
I like the Stoptech Drilled and Slotted rotors - about $125-$150 each. Stoptech is also a product of Centric. You can also get a set of front and rear Brembo ceramic pads on eBay for $100 including the sensors.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
11 Posts
It's a shame that OEM pads are expensive $249.00 for Supercharged RR. I have tried NAPA Supreme. Sent them back. I have used EBC on my Jag XJR, but factory pads still are the best. Keep your Range Rover with the parts that originally installed. Reason factory brakes feel good and stops great. Too bad that they are dirty, I can live with that
IMG_20181219_190744153.jpg

·
Registered
2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ended up buying the OEM pads and rotors off of British Atlantic. Figured I would stick with factory parts for a few more years.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
17 Posts
I went to Powerstop Z26's with Brembos. Good stopping power, no squeaks and WAY less dust.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
22 Posts
EBC Ultimax2 are fantastic, very little brake dust, I got EBC coated rotors also, bought the whole kit for $280.the rotors have been on there for 20000 miles, still look new, minimal wear.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Highly recommend Power Stop ! Easy to find the correct rotors and pads as well as the right price with competing vendors. All in for under $400.00 and a few hours of labor.

2010 HSE non super charged

Love the drilled and slotted look on the rotors !

1 - 17 of 17 Posts