RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just picked up an 08 RR sport limited edition, and have some questions maybe some the experts can help.

1. when I set the suspension to "access mode", the car lowers and goes back to regular height at certain speed. i know this is normal, but it doesnt lower itself back to the lower setting, when i stop or park the car. shouldnt it lower for easy access? i've pressed the down arrow and held it until the "lock" is lit up.

2. I want to enable dvd in motion for the front screen, and have seen kits running around 300-600 bucks. Anyone here have it installed? any recommendations on brand?

3. What do you recommend as far as performance enhancement.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
318 Posts
spinsonic said:
Hello all,

I just picked up an 08 RR sport limited edition, and have some questions maybe some the experts can help.

1. when I set the suspension to "access mode", the car lowers and goes back to regular height at certain speed. i know this is normal, but it doesnt lower itself back to the lower setting, when i stop or park the car. shouldnt it lower for easy access? i've pressed the down arrow and held it until the "lock" is lit up.

2. I want to enable dvd in motion for the front screen, and have seen kits running around 300-600 bucks. Anyone here have it installed? any recommendations on brand?

3. What do you recommend as far as performance enhancement.

thanks in advance!
1. I would like to know this too, as I haven't experimented nor do I know if locking the access mode automatically brings it down when at low speed. I suppose I could just try it.

2. Can't help on that, but I'm not sure I want to mess with LR's electrical system, be it a simple bypass or not.

3. Intake/Exhaust, but for minimal gains. You will get louder blower whine with an open intake element. You do not specify if you have a supercharged version or not. If you do, try a pulley and tune and let us know your power increase!! Include dyno sheets. This is the only real way to get significant gains out of this or any other supercharged application.

Do you have the one with the black interior and brick colored seats? I'm literally on the fence as to how I feel about that color scheme.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome.

Lowering the suspension will remain locked when you are below 10 mph. This is a safety feature just in case you are in a low ceiling parking lot with luggage on your roof rack (if you have one). It will automatically raise and unlock when you exceed 10 mph.

As far as lowering it when you are parked, you have 40 seconds to press the lowering button once you take out your keys (i found out that all doors have to be closed for this to work).

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Locking access height into "crawl mode" simply means that the car will not rise to normal height until you reach approximately 24mph, useful if you are maneuvering in a low overhead parking structure for example - if you don't lock Access height, the car will rise automatically at 6mph+. To get the car to lower to Access height, you will have to press the button each time you are about to reach your destination: If you are going faster than 12mph the car will "remember" you want to lower the suspensions to Access height for up to 30 seconds I think (the padlock icon near the switch will blink), when you slow down to 12mph the suspensions will start lowering, and lower all the way to Access height when you reach 5mph or less. It's all explained in your manual. There is no way to program the suspensions to automatically enter Access height every time you come to a stop.

A few of us have the Nav-TV module - plenty of info on the forum. It works transparently with the RSE system to play DVD on the front monitor whether you are stationary or in motion. I paid a lot more than than back in 2006, but I am sure prices have come down since (also, in 2006 video would not display on the front monitor even with the car in Park.)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I parked my truck one day, and lowered it before I got out. Dude yells out, "Thats a phat Rover. Never seen someone hittin' switches on a Range before."

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks everyone for clarifying. i guess i misunderstood, when they say "easy access". Figure it will automatically lower the car, so one could easily get in and out. Guess i'll just get a running board install.

my RR is supercharged and is black with brick interior. i think this is the only color combo you can in the limited edition. at least i havent seen it in any other color. originally, wanted a white one, however love the look of the limited edition.

as far as performance upgrades, i doubt i will do anything to that extreme. wouldve picked up a jeep srt8 if wanted to drag race :D Have any of you guys try the sprintbooster? I had it installed on my mercedes cls55 amg and it made the car feels so much more responsive.

nav-tv is really pricey still... seen some other ones for about $350.

anyways, glad i found this board. was on the other ones, and it felt like a ghost town.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
umbertob said:
sjg123 said:
#1 recommendation - don't use the words spankin' and member together in the same post :)
:lol: That sounds like something gooseyloosey would say! :thumb:
Nice one sjg. Brilliant.

Somehow I missed that one :doh:

I think the =) threw me off. j/c is that the same as ":)", or does it mean something different? I know "(!)" means low tire pressure.

·
Premium Member
1,738 Posts
sjg123 said:
#1 recommendation - don't use the words spankin' and member together in the same post :)
What do you mean?! That's the only reason I clicked on this thread. Imagine my disappointment when I realized I had been duped.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey guys, i programed the key to raise and lower the car, but it only works when you turn the hazard lights on, is ther a way you can lower it and raise it without having the hazard lights on?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
No, sorry. It's a safety measure and there is no workaround. Land Rover wants to make sure you really mean to lower your suspensions remotely and aren't doing so by accident, hence the flashing hazards requirement.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,771 Posts
It's be nice of Americans weren't a bunch of sue happy nit whits resulting in these nanny state safety requirements in the first place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
careful with intakes everyone ive heard from with upgraded intakes complain about extra sediment in the motor. i have an exhaust on my sport hse and it sounds really good!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts