RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new 2016 RR HSE Td6 (coming out of MB GL 450), went through the new car delivery walkthrough and drove out of the dealership. Within 5 miles of the dealership (literally about 5mins into the drive home), the dashboard/instrument cluster lit up like a Christmas tree. The following faults popped up, (1) ABS Fault, (2) Adaptive Dynamics Fault, (3) HDC Fault, (4) Parking Brake Fault, (5) ATPC Fault, (6) Parking Brake Fault, and (7) Stability Control Fault! Took the car right back, was given a loaner (Jaguar XJL) and the diagnostic began. Day 1 - Got a call that the 'master technician' had diagnosed a faulty rear ABS sensor and the part was ordered. Day 2 - new ABS sensor is installed, car is road tested and however the fault codes persists. Service advisor says the 'master technician' suspects it might be the hub...new part needs to be ordered. I am told to 'enjoy' the loaner over the weekend as work will resume Monday. Interest start to the ownership to shop ratio (ownership 5mins:shop 4 days)

My question to my fellow L405 owners, any experience with these faults (I've researched the '3 amigos' faults and solutions vary)? Any insight would be appreciated.

Thankfully service lights don't phase me (I own and race a modified Porsche 911 turbo S, so CEL aren't new to me as I tweak and tune the p-car), I simply want to try and get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. Ironically I had asked the salesperson about reliability issues with RR and was assured that numerous 'software updates' and QC focus had mostly addressed these...(side eye here). I must say though, for the 5 mins I drove the car, it was blissful...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Sorry to hear that. No experience on the faults. But consider yourself lucky - the dealer here provides enterprise rental cars - if your lucky.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@LR1 - I guess you're right, I should look on the bright side, the loaner ain't bad. Interestingly, I have been analyzing the shared parts between the Jag and the RR, (I.e., what's in JLR's parts bin) and the door handles, rotary gear selector, infotainment, and parking brake appear to be shared parts. I wonder what else is shared, under the hood and skin...not necessarily a bad thing, just curious.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is absurd... depending on which vehicle you bring them our dealer provides an Evoque, LR4 or Full Size RRSC if you own an Autobiography.
I agree, at this price point, dealers should provide/have a solid fleet of loaner vehicles. I assumed that JLR had such a policy until I read the earlier post. Correction, my loaner is an XJ-R Sport not an XJL. I'll provide further updates tomorrow on the progress with my Td6, the diagnosis and solution may help the RR community with these issues in the future.

·
Registered
623 Posts
that is absurd... depending on which vehicle you bring them our dealer provides an Evoque, LR4 or Full Size RRSC if you own an Autobiography.
One of the reasons I vowed never to go back to LR (besides my '08 being full of problems and the dealer wouldn't even take it back on trade in, poor service, etc) was the fact that I got a enterprise loaner and turned on the ac - when i turned up the fan, gd sand came blowing out all over the place..... The same person owned both dealerships in my area so not much of a choice... I regress though - sure I've posted this before. Gave in, now have one on order and I'm gonna try it again even though the dealer is the same and now they don't even have their own dealership - they share w/ mazda :lol:

·
Registered
623 Posts
@LR1 - I guess you're right, I should look on the bright side, the loaner ain't bad. Interestingly, I have been analyzing the shared parts between the Jag and the RR, (I.e., what's in JLR's parts bin) and the door handles, rotary gear selector, infotainment, and parking brake appear to be shared parts. I wonder what else is shared, under the hood and skin...not necessarily a bad thing, just curious.
yeah - I enjoy comparing too. about all manufacturers do it - share the parts. toyota land cruiser - sequoia, volkswagon - porsche, lexus, etc... have fun with the jag!

·
Registered
703 Posts
Sorry to hear that. No experience on the faults. But consider yourself lucky - the dealer here provides enterprise rental cars - if your lucky.
My dealer here in L.A. (which is also a Jaguar dealership) provides Jags even for moderate service. They are provided by Enterprise as well.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Good luck with the RR. I have similar experience where the master technician or the foreman thinks it's a certain issue and comes out to be something else.

I almost always get a '15 or '16 supercharged XF. Got XJ once and LR4 the other time...no rentals for me so far perhaps that's because from the GM to service / parts director and the senior mechanics all know me :roll:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Issues all resolved, picked up the car yesterday!! Turned out to be a defect wheel bearing and hub assembly from the factory. Promptly replaced and everything is functioning as intended. Ride back home was uneventful (thank goodness) and I finally got to fiddle with some of the vehicle and audio settings. I wouldn't call myself an audiophile but the 825W Meridian system really comes alive after a few tweaks (the audio sources were an iPod and Pandora streamed via Bluetooth from my iPhone 6S). Car drove great and seeing an average of 28mpg for the Td6 was neat as well, (GL averaged 15mpg)! Looking forward to some fun motoring and I'll chronicle the experience on here.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Glad to hear you're back on the road. I love our Td6 despite having two extended absences from my garage in my first 9 months of ownership. Fortunately our JLR dealer did provide a RRS and a Discovery for each instance and they also pick up and deliver despite us living 120 miles away.

I'm seeing 26mpg in mixed driving and up to 30mpg strictly highway cruising at 75mph. These figures are from the OBC. I haven't done a manual calculation yet.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
Glad to hear everything is sorted. My dealer usually loans base Evoques to LR owners and XF's to Jaguar owners. I've had both (for brake pad issues and 1 year service) and much prefer the XF.

They were clear to me before I bought not to expect an identical vehicle for a loaner.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Glad to hear you're back on the road. I love our Td6 despite having two extended absences from my garage in my first 9 months of ownership. Fortunately our JLR dealer did provide a RRS and a Discovery for each instance and they also pick up and deliver despite us living 120 miles away.

I'm seeing 26mpg in mixed driving and up to 30mpg strictly highway cruising at 75mph. These figures are from the OBC. I haven't done a manual calculation yet.
Thanks PMaggan, it's good to be on the road as well. I averaged 32 mpg on a short 4.5 mile drive, although to be honest I was feathering the throttle and coasting on downhills...haha This car is quite fun to drive. I can't get over just how much higher the seating position is. Great vehicle!

Glad to hear everything is sorted. My dealer usually loans base Evoques to LR owners and XF's to Jaguar owners. I've had both (for brake pad issues and 1 year service) and much prefer the XF.

They were clear to me before I bought not to expect an identical vehicle for a loaner.
Agreed, I am used to dealers having loaners a model or two below the model I bring in for service (Cayennes and Panoramas for 911s and C-class and ML/GLS for S class and GL's). I would have liked to get an Evoque though, if anything just to sample how they drive/handle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts