RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had new rotor and pads installed...... have maybe 200 miles on it, maybe not broken in yet? squeak when lightly applying brakes. no squeaks when put pressure on the pedal.... I thought i read somewhere you can go in reverse maybe 15 miles per hour and hit the brakes a few times and that helps seat them? rumor? the squeak is annoying...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Tell me about the TSB? Should I be calling dealer? I have a 2017 and am very happy with the vehicle overall. I do get a slight squeak when applying light pressure to breaks and have 13k miles. Would love to resolve this mild annoyance. Thanks.

·
Administrator
27,793 Posts
The squeaky brake pads was a pair of TSBs with then result being a third composition so the Pads would not squeak right out of the box. The TSB applied to 494s and 405s. Text with VIN ranges both TSBs have been posted in one of the two forums if not both

·
Premium Member
1,829 Posts
I don't remember the number, but there were plenty of mentions at that time indeed. It was very specifically about low speed braking, your dealer might know by heart.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,150 Posts
I had my brakes replaced twice under a TSB as each time "new pads with different compositions were available." However three sets of OEM pads have all squeaked. I got fed up enough to go aftermarket ceramic which fixed the squeaks and the insane dusting.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
mine is a 2013 hse, they used the ceramic pads.... brakes great when you use the brakes hard, but when coasting and applying light brake pressure, i have what sounds like either my front or rear on the passenger side squeaks high pitch and annoying, goes away as soon as you apply more pressure.... very annoying.... there has to be a fix or remedy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts