RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There must be an electrical fault the brand new Batteryis completely flat in 12 hours and then the alarm goes off.
I have checked the Battery this evening while I have managed to start it and run the engine and the Battery is getting a charge from the
alternator, so I am now looking for some help from anyone on here that could possibly give me any idea's on what in the car could drain the battery as quick as
12 hours anyone any idea's please, it is so fristtrating

many thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
Look at the last sticky thread at the top of the forum page, there's an electrical troubleshooting guide that will help you pinpoint your problem.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,757 Posts
The electrical sticky covers the condition of the charging system, not battery drain. Depending on year and model of your rig there are a couple of common draws. First that springs to mind is the final stage resistor.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Nav unit was draining my battery. Easy enough to check. Take off left panel in the trunk so that you can see the nav system. Ensure red light is on. Turn car off and lock it. Come back in 10 mins and look through the rear glass to see if the red light is still on. If so, yours may be draining the battery like mine was.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,966 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
1,931 Posts
Hi Jessica, would you please be so kind as to include the year of the truck your working on,
as well as the miles and engine type .
The more info you provide the better the guesses will be to fix your machine, Thanks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts