Range Rovers Forum banner

Brakes slip/transmission not releasing

997 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  jassbrar87 
#1 ·
I apologize up front if this has already been covered but I could not find it. I have a 2006 RRS Sport, stock, 156K miles, NA. Sometimes when I come to a complete stop at a light or in a parking lot or something similar the car will try to move forward. Like i let the brakes slip a little, even though i am holding the brakes steady. Not sure if the tranny is still trying to pull or if the brakes are malfunctioning. Makes no difference how hard i mash the brakes down it still happens and it is not all the time. Kind of random. Not really dangerous but it is annoying.

#2 ·
Sounds like you need to inspect your calipers & guide pins and possibly bleed you brake system. If your caliper pistons are sticking or binding you are begging for a failure. If your guides pins are corroded the caliper can not compensate for pad wear. When was the last time the brakes were serviced?

"Not really dangerous"... errr, uhm... not having full braking power is very dangerous.

#3 ·
I have no idea. I bought the car about 4 months ago and have been chasing other gremlins. I will pull the front tires off and give them a once over. It is kind of hard to explain what is happening. I have never had a difficult time bringing the car to a stop, even suddenly. The car only moves forward inches at a time, or less.

#6 ·
Did you find a solution to this ?? I am having the same issue even though I replaced all 4 brake pads & rotors, did the brake flush, transmission flush, replaced both front lower control arms with OEM, performed front & rear differential flush, transfer case flush, replaced all 8 coils & spark plugs.. I feel the tranmission does not drop fully and have move the gear lever to Neutral to release the tension on the brake pedal..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.