RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2009 Ranger Sport Supercharged . When driving into a curve it feels like the driver side front brake engage and will almost bring the car to a sudden stop. When you touch the brake it stops . Mechanic has installed steering wheel sensor , replaced ball joints , A Arms , the faulting suspension light is on

·
Premium Member
501 Posts
I would get this on sharp turns. It was the ABS/traction control kicking in. I am also running 32" tires so that may be causing my issue. I also had the exact same issue with a Toyota Sequoia. It turned out to be a sensor under the center console that measured lateral g-force. Basically the ECU thought I was skidding off the road so it engaged ABS just on the passenger front tire. Also check your ABS sensor on the driver front side.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Keep an eye out for the ABS pump. Somewhere between 125k and 130k mine went. Brakes would engage but were sluggish releasing from complete stops. No errors or warnings on the dash. Eventually they would not release at all.

ABS or TC function should momentarily illuminate one of the lights while it’s actively modulating the brakes, and go away when traction resumes. I know, hard to pay attention to l, but ride with a passenger to watch your dash in the same curve and see if this is illuminating either of the systems’ lights momentarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
Common issue, Mine Does it with the 32" tires on it also and so do many people I talk to. As far as i know there is no fix for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
4 Participants
Special Ed
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing