RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bled my brakes today following this guide on here
http://www.rangerovers.net/maintenance/brakebleed4.html
the only deviation i took was at step 17 i depressurised the sytem as the accumalator was charged and woudnt pump for the 4 seconds as stated in the procedure.
My brakes now feel like they belong to a new vehicle :twisted: , i would defintently recommend anyone who finds the braking a little tiresome on the foot to bleed them.

I use the Ezibleed one man system so you dont need the help of another person to push the brake pedal down, also i beleive as it is pressurised you remove the chance of air being drawn back in if your helper is day dreaming and lets the pedal up before you close the bleed screw fully. I used about 2 litres in total of brake fluid the old fluid was good in colour (ie not rusty which was a good sign) and not that many bubbles so i was really surprised by the result as i was expecting more bubbles than there were. The rear booster bleed screw was a little awkward to get the tube onto but it is managable. The whole job took me 3 hours. Thanks to Donald Fisher who wrote the procedure. :D :D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Re: Brakes as Sharp as a Razor

Can you confirm whether or not the Eezibleed kit contains the correct fitting cap for the Rangie or did you have to get one separately ?

Just about to order one from the UK and thought I would check.

Many thanks

Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

yes the kit comes with 3 different sized caps and it just happened to be the one already assembled in the box. Cant rate the kit enough, talk about easy, but do follow the instructions to ensure a pressure tight seal before you put fluid in the bottle other wise when you connect it to the tyre it will go over your engine bay before you even start. I must add i read the instructions carefully first and this didnt happen to me but i can see it easily being done in haste, also it states a max 20psi to connect it to, so you will either have to deflate your tyre a little or use a spare wheel as i did as i had one lying around. Happy bleeding :mrgreen:

·
Registered
83 Posts

Thanks, I'll go and order it now.

After having done it a few times with the missus, this will be a good investment.

Cheers
Dave

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

No problem. As a point of safety i wore safety glasses when i was releasing the bleed nipples. Better safe than sorry especially as its under pressure. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Re: Brakes as Sharp as a Razor - Using Ezibleed one man system

Also the wallet attachment works really well.

Several times now I have been able to bleed my wallet with little help.

:lol:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts