RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
I guess that would depend on what the fault is. There is a multifunction switch on at the pedal and there is a pressure switch at the pump.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
Okay... what are your symptoms? What lead you to hook up to your faultmate? Do you have a warning light on? Do you have lights not working? Is your cruise not working? We need a bit more info in order to help you out.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The car has not been drove in two years and was given to me because it was going to cost to much to fix in a shop. The abs light is on. Every time the brake pedal is pressed the pump runs and abs fault shows on the dash. It has a new accumulator and bake pedal switch.I think the hose to the cruise is cracked.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,783 Posts
If search is not finding any info for you I would suggest downloading RAVE from the internet. Cruise and brakes are two different things. If any of the cuise hoses are crakes that would result in cruise not working.

Brake issues have been pretty heavily covered and may be the result in a lack of response. The pump will runat start up and the light may take a bit to go out. If you have a wheel sensor that is not properly seated from vibration or "rusty" from sitting you could just have a sensor issue.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
388 Posts
Have the abs pump checked and pressure switch. Generally the warning light is triggered due to low pressure. One pedal press should not trigger the pump. Is your EAS system working??? if you have a faulty brake switch the EAS system can freeze in one position.
Regards Russell.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
Hi

If you have a brake switch failure from the pedal your brake lights do not work when you toutch the brakes. The moment you touch the brakes after starting the engine you will get the fault logged which stays on untill you switch off and restart.

After several faults there will be a permanent fault logged which comes on directly after start up.

If the switch on the pump is faulty your ABS and brake warning lights will never go off after start up, and your pump will probably keep running continously.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
55 Posts
i have the same error on my odbII Tester
Brake Switch Failure..

but my stop light work ok

only i get the error of 3 amigos
ABS, Brake, TC Turn on when i hit the Brake

what i have to check?
Pressure Switch of the ABS or The brake accumulator?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,851 Posts
The brake switch attached to the pedal has two switches inside a NO and NC switch. When one of these two switches fails it is detected by the becm and a fault is flagged. This is giving the fault to the ABS ECU that illuminates the three indication lights on the dash. If you start and run the car without touching the brakes, the ABS light stays on till you reach some speed but the other two go off if you stay stationary. If the fault comes immediately on after touching the brakes it is the brake switch that has failed. Depending on which switch has failed, the brake lights work or do not work.

Regards

Jos

·
Registered
48 Posts
Is there any scenario in which a bad brake pedal switch constantly disengages the cruise control but doesn't light up a warning light on the dashboard display or doesn't put anything on the "message center" display?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts