RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had my brakes done with my 48k mile service. Rotors were replaced as well as pads and sensors. Now I have a constant brake squeal that can be heard at 5mph or less speeds even when not depressing the brake. Made a quick pitstop by service dept and the service advisor says it's normal and it's because of the sensors. Anyone else had this issue? It doesn't sound quite right to me, it will be another week before they can fit me back in to check it. Seems like I have repeat visits often with this truck.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
1,151 Posts
My OEM pads with the car would squeal when breaking. Had the dealer change them out to an updated pad. Then I had the same issue you did, that it would squeal at low speeds even without pushing the brake. Had it changed one more time to another updated pad and no difference.

Said bollocks to OEM and went aftermarket ceramic and much better. Will rarely squeal but nothing like OEM.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
15 Posts
I have a MY17 HSE Dynamic and just started to notice a brake squeal as I start pressing on the brake pedal. Plan to have it checked out next time I bring it on for service.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke too soon. My brake squeal is back and its horrible. I have a low 5mph squeal going on from the brakes even when they are not being pressed. Ive been back to the dealer two more times for this issue but still no luck fixing it. Has anyone run across this that has successfully had it fixed? So far they have replaced, brake pads multiple times, replaced caliper, brake hoses, brake lines. Its horrible, sounds like a school bus.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
584 Posts
Have you considered purchasing aftermarket ceramic pads? Hodog and I have used Disc Italia pads with good success.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I purchased a set of carbotech ceramic pads but dealer and independent rover shop refused to put them on due to something with the backing plate. I didn't push since they both said the same thing. I have carbotech's on my Z06 with zero issues. Maybe i will look into the Disc Italia. Im wondering if maybe my new rotors are bad too since i get brake squealing without pressing the brakes. This is the first vehicle where I have had so many issues with installing new oem brake pads.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update to this. Dealer is now replacing my abs module. Appears my front brakes have a slight engagement even when not being pressed. Should have truck back in another week or so.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I spoke too soon. My brake squeal is back and its horrible. I have a low 5mph squeal going on from the brakes even when they are not being pressed. Ive been back to the dealer two more times for this issue but still no luck fixing it. Has anyone run across this that has successfully had it fixed? So far they have replaced, brake pads multiple times, replaced caliper, brake hoses, brake lines. Its horrible, sounds like a school bus.
Need to change to EBC redstuff pads. Only way to cure this! https://ebcbrakes.com/product/redstuff-brake-pads/

ASK me how many OME changes it took for me to resolve this. Get less dust and better braking as part of the deal.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Need to change to EBC redstuff pads. Only way to cure this! https://ebcbrakes.com/product/redstuff-brake-pads/

ASK me how many OME changes it took for me to resolve this. Get less dust and better braking as part of the deal.
I tried a set of aftermarket pads and i still had the same issue. I don't think my issue is pads because i hear brake noise even when not applying the brakes. They are now replacing the abs module. I decided to sell it as soon as I get it back from service. There is a thump coming from the rear end and i no longer want to deal with the headaches this vehicle is giving me. I am going to miss the SC V8 in a suv but the reliability just isn't there for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts