RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like i stated in a previous post i am replacing the front pads and rotors, the brake light is on the dash, the stealer said i would need to replace the sensor, im havng a hard time beleiving this...true or untrue? can i have the code erased on the dash w. out replacing the sensor.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Yes u need to replace the sensor. Once there are tripped, they have to be replaced. They can be purchased online for cheaper.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Only take this information if you maintain a good preventative maintenance schedule and do not only replace parts when they break...

Instead of replacing my sensor, i put a small bead of solder on the metal tip to re-loop the connection and it works fine.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CMoore05 said:
Only take this information if you maintain a good preventative maintenance schedule and do not only replace parts when they break...

Instead of replacing my sensor, i put a small bead of solder on the metal tip to re-loop the connection and it works fine.

i had the tech do this today ^^ the light is still on though, do i need to have the code cleared? i dont think it will clear itself.. :doh:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Ace 95 said:
CMoore05 said:

i had the tech do this today ^^ the light is still on though, do i need to have the code cleared? i dont think it will clear itself.. :doh:
GOOD Post/Pics Phil!!! That's very informative. :thumb:

Ace, I guess make sure there's an actual connection between the two exposed wires. I'm not exactly sure, but it seems like as long as there's a good connection (no short between wires) then the light should be coming off.

Good luck!! Hopefully I'll catch my brake wear before it eats away the sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts