RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all,

1st post so please bare with me.

I have bought 2012, Range Rover sport 5.0 NA. The brakes don't have bite in them. The pedals feels far to soft for a brand new car. you have to press the pedal really hard to stop at lights.

It been in for a brake disc and pads change under warranty. They bled the system. came back exact same problem.

Could it be a servo problem? anyone else had the same problems?

thanks all

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
I think it is the nature of the beast. All three LR3 (Disco3) I have had had slow, soft brakes. On my first LR3, an 05 with the wonderful Jag engine, I spent an inordinate amount of time bleeding the brakes trying to get a hard pedal, to no avail. I quit worrying about it when I saw others were reporting the same issue on the LR3 site. My 08 RRSSC feels exactly the same even with front Brembos, too soft and too slow (have bled them and checked the hoses, still soft and slow). Both Jaguars (an S-type and a XJ8) also had slow, soft brakes. Must be Brit thing. The good news, they stop all of this weight reliably (check the YouTube movie of the dude coming down a 45 degree rock), but it takes getting used to it. Noteworthy, LR2s (Freelanders) that I have had as loaners have very hard, fast brakes (the design team was probably more Ford guys than Landy folks).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts