I need help I have a leak from the brake pipe atvrhe rear RHS
It looks a pig to get to as its high up near the chassis

Any advice
Thanks

Sent from my GT-N8010 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,800 Posts
Well it may be a pig, but you still need to replace the line. If this is one of the lines that crosses over your fuel tank you should drop the tank and inspect your other lines for corrosion.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
768 Posts
Quite normal for these pipes to go, You can remake the part that’s corroded and cut back as far as you feel necessary and join them together, a garage shouldn’t charge you to much to do, or buy a kit on eBay and do it yourself, there not expensive. It’s worth checking and replacing any others that look even slightly corroded.

·
Registered
32 Posts
get some Nicopp brake line.....you can wrap it round your finger it wont kink or rust.......run it along the original path.....zip tie it to the old one.......brakes lines..have never been so easy to fix now

·
Super Moderator
2,071 Posts
If you are talking about the short one that is high up on each side (which are usually the first to go), you'll need a crows foot spanner to undo the union. You won't be able to get in there with an open ended spanner.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
get some Nicopp brake line.....you can wrap it round your finger it wont kink or rust.......run it along the original path.....zip tie it to the old one.......brakes lines..have never been so easy to fix now
Nicopp is Kunifer over here in UK redarrow007

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I replaced mine with a set of cupro-nickel pipes from Automec UK.
If you remove the rear plastic wheel arch linings, there is a small gap over the chassis where you can thread the pipe through so you don't have to drop the tank.
I put also an extra union in the rear pipe at the rear RH side, so the section that goes over the chassis is short.
If you have access to a car lift, dropping the tank is the better option though. You can fit the pipes easier and remedy any other corrosion behind the tank.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys for all your reply s been very helpfull, I wll have a look at it over the weekend

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Had Guy That Should of looked at it for Me but l have been let down so 1am going to look at the Job My self
wish me Luck

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Made a start on the job, took off the wheels and the pladtic liners to get a better picture of the problem
Found the brake pipe going across the rear to be corroded.
Took that srction out and have orded the pipe and the tools for the job.

The only thing that worries me is bleeding the brakes after !!!!!!!

·
Registered
768 Posts
As long as you don’t pump the pedal while the pipes are off, it should be an easy bleed job, yes you will have fluid dripping while your doing the job, put down an old sheet or plenty of paper, once all reconnected, get someone to pump and hold pedal down while you bleed the air out. The bleed is the easy part.

·
Super Moderator
2,071 Posts
Rear brakes are on the powered circuit so bleeding just involves holding the pedal down slightly and turning on the ignition so the ABS pump runs. Pumping the pedal as you would with a conventional braking system won't do anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts