RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any "better" Brake pads to buy than the factory brakes? I need 4 new brakes and the dealership quoted $2400 for the full kit and kaboodle. FYI I have 30kk miles on my 2015 RRS Supercharged and this is my 2nd brake change I need. AKA third pair of brakes going on the car.

Jay

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
616 Posts
Consider ceramic pads (I have Disc Italia). They are a much harder compound than the OEM pads. Less dust and longer life. The only thing is that they have a little less bite than the softer pads. I paired these with OEM rotors and am very pleased with the combination. Consider going to an independent to perform the services. It will save you some cash. Just ensure that they are able to place the ebrake into (and take it out of) service mode.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
16 Posts
Same experience for me regarding brake job and OEM pads at dealer for my 2014 RRS SC After that I went with Powerstop Z26 pads and a local reputable mechanic and the whole job was about 1/3 the price of dealer. Powerstops had better stopping power, no squeaks, and virtually no DUST!

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
77 Posts
Can you use Disc Italia or Powerstop pads on RR OEM rotors?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts