Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are what seems 00's of brake pad brands to choose from.
Some say Hawk are good, some say not. I used Hawk's only as an example.

I know opinion's are a$$holes, we all have them, BUT!! ...........

with all the brands out there which are a good brand (other than OEM/genuine)....

G

·
olbear1962 said:
There are what seems 00's of brake pad brands to choose from.
Some say Hawk are good, some say not. I used Hawk's only as an example.

I know opinion's are a$$holes, we all have them, BUT!! ...........

with all the brands out there which are a good brand (other than OEM/genuine)....
Ok, first, opinions are LIKE a**holes.
Now, I am trying the dirt cheap Duramax from my local Autozone to see how they compare. So far, they bite well, are quite and produce no dust. I expect them to wear fast, and need replacing often, but so far so good.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I'm using the AutoZone "Duralast" ceramic pads on my front end - installed them within the last year. They are working fine, and I do like the reduced brake dust on the wheels.
The performance is great for me, but I'm not extraordinarily demanding on my brakes, just average. I can't speak for someone with a lead foot, or is hard on the brakes. But I'll certainly use them again, and replace the rears with them when needed.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Mr. Range Rover said:
Ok, first, opinions are LIKE a**holes.
:lol: I had to read that twice too.

I have cheap pads as an experiment also - must be a fad.
I'm not nearly as demanding on the brakes in the RR as in some of my other cars - but I do use them quite heavily at times. I had fade under very heavy use with expensive pads and I have about the same amount of fade with cheap pads. I don't think there is a big difference between the two anymore. And I know there is an awful lot of marketing hype going on with products like this. We'll see how they hold up.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was a big fan of EBC Greenstuff pads on my Lexus GX 470 (SUV with OEM brakes that are too small and subject to premature warping and wear). When mine wear out I will put these on and see how they are on the Rover.

·
Registered
641 Posts
EBC greenstuff.

Been absolutely brilliant for me. Bedded in, minimal dust, great power when really stamping on the brakes, and no issues of squealing which I've always had with any other type of pad I've tried. I tend to tow a reaosnable amount, and when doing so, I do long slow braking, so i'm dragging the pads for a fair amount, wear and fade has been no issue.

Its the only pad i'll get again at the moment. Wont consider anything else.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.