RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm at the dealership on my iPhone as I'm writing this. I came to get the inspection done 125$ that's fine I could get it cheaper at a lot of other places but the dealers right by my house so whatever. Well then the service guy comes out saying you need new front and rear brake pads, I said ok well then he said all together including inspection it's going to cost me 756$ and that's with a discount.

I guess what I'm saying here is that I got anally screwed by the dealer.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
It is what it is at the dealer. I'm assuming they left the front rotors alone.

Guys, you can prepare yourself for this inevitable expense and spare yourselves the surprise of waking up date-raped at the dealership. Its easy to see when the pad is worn to the point it needs replacing. If you can't tell, get a quarter and slide it between the backing plate on the pad and the rotor and wiggle it around. You should plan on replacing the pads soon when you have about 3/16 inch of pad left. If you're so inclined the pads are really easy to do urself. The rotors a bit trickier. Or buy the oem pads online and any halfway competent corner auto repair shop can do the same for about half as much.

If you are more comfortable having the dealer do it, then at least you'll know when it needs to be done and can prepare both mentally and financially.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is very true and could not have said it better myself. The thing was that i knew my brake pads were getting low but the light hadn't come on yet. I was planning on doing them sometime this week, so when he came out and told me i told him i was going to have it done later in the week. What he failed to tell me was that the car was already on the lift and that they were replacing them as we were speaking. To me it was in just for him to have them start without my permission. I'll be better prepared next time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts