RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Now that I've bought the DI brake pads and sensors, is it advisable to get it replaced at a LR Indy shop or any repair shop (like Firestone, etc.)?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I went to an independent guy who did nothing but brakes. The only thing was that I had to place the E-brake into service mode. There is a video floating around the forums here that shows how to do this for the Evoque. The procedure worked for me, but I have a 2013. I understand that this procedure does not work for newer vehicles. I don't know if you can do it on your 2014. I would try to follow the steps on the video. If you are able to enter service mode, then I would have the independent guy do it.

Steve

·
Registered
49 Posts
I called up a few indy shops and couple of them told me they will only replace it with an OEM and one told me they will not take any consumer bought items, they'll order it themselves. There's one shop who said they'll do it but charge me $400 for all 4 pads replacement. That's a total of $816 (400+416 for 4 pads). I think that's on the higher side - guess my dealer's quote was around the same or little more (only thing is the dealer wanted to replace rotors a swell). Coming to that, even this indy shop guy advised me to replace the rotors as well because I might wear the rotors half-way through the pads and he recommends esp. for the V8 SC. I'm confused now :(

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just to add: brake pads + rotors = $2k from the dealer. Will it void my CPO warranty if any problems arise in the future around the brakes if I replace them with all OEM parts from an Indy shop rather than the dealer?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Just to add: brake pads + rotors = $2k from the dealer. Will it void my CPO warranty if any problems arise in the future around the brakes if I replace them with all OEM parts from an Indy shop rather than the dealer?

I'd like to know this too. My brake light just went on at 23k and I made an appointment, but I'd rather go to a local place for cheaper if it doesn't affect my lease or warranty.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'd like to know this too. My brake light just went on at 23k and I made an appointment, but I'd rather go to a local place for cheaper if it doesn't affect my lease or warranty.
FYI - I replaced mine with OEM rotors and DI pads & sensors at the 2nd local dealer. The reason I say 2nd is because my other dealer I go to regularly said they won't install any after market parts. But the 2nd dealer 30 mins away was okay installing them and was around $200-300 cheaper even if I had bought the pads and rotors with them.

My total was $416 (DI pads & sensors) + $1167 (rotors and installation w 15% discount. w/o discount = $1373) = $1583. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
246 Posts
FYI - I replaced mine with OEM rotors and DI pads & sensors at the 2nd local dealer. The reason I say 2nd is because my other dealer I go to regularly said they won't install any after market parts. But the 2nd dealer 30 mins away was okay installing them and was around $200-300 cheaper even if I had bought the pads and rotors with them.

My total was $416 (DI pads & sensors) + $1167 (rotors and installation w 15% discount. w/o discount = $1373) = $1583. Hope this helps.

Thanks. My dealer wanted 1300 for the rotors and 1000 for the pads. Firestone will do it for 1400.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All,

A lot of good information here about the brakes and rotors.. If I were to use someone different than the LR Dealer, does it void my warranty? I thought to keep the warranty you must use the dealer, I may be wrong and will review my contract... Thanks

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello All,

A lot of good information here about the brakes and rotors.. If I were to use someone different than the LR Dealer, does it void my warranty? I thought to keep the warranty you must use the dealer, I may be wrong and will review my contract... Thanks
I believe it’s illegal for dealerships to void warranty unless there is a modification done.

On the the recommendation of this forum, I ordered the Disc Italia brake pads and am using oem rotors. Total cost is gonna be around 1750 at an independent, including pads, rotors and sensors. The hourly rate at this shop is pretty high at 120/hr, but they are the best/only real game in town for all the high end vehicles around. Oil change was $140, whereas the dealership wanted 595 and “threw in” a bunch of other things... They service my 911 turbo too, so I trust their quality.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hello All,

In addition to what FASTCARFREAK stated: Your warranty can not be voided unless you do some sort of modification or you fail to meet the terms of the warranty. Then they can only void the warranty for that item /system. So doing a resonator delete could void your warranty on the engine, it will not void the warranty on your seats for example.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
About this Discussion
31 Replies
14 Participants
JoeDon1962
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing