RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
My 16 Sport Brake Pad Worn light just show up at 22k miles, Can anyone tell me how much will cost at the dealer?
Is worth just go to the local shop get it replace.

Thank you

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
Dealer will likely tell you to replace pad and rotor. Mine tried to get the rear pads and rotors changed for $900 or so.

I ended up buying a full set of ceramic brakes and having a local tire shop change all four for I think $600 or so all in. Did not change rotors as they were still good.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Rotors looks good, Just wondering how many people get it done in the local shop vs dealer. Like what’s difference.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I got mine replaced at a local shop. I wanted ceramic pads as I was tired of dealing with the brake dust. I did replace the rotors with OEM ones bought from one of the LRNA dealers.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
618 Posts
I had 4 sets of pads, 4 rotors and 2 sensors replaced by an independent. Cost was approximately 50% of what the dealer quoted.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer told me $2900 plus tax for front and rear pads, sensors and rotors.

$1400 without the rotors

Local shop $500

Do you guys have any bad experience with the Land Rover dealer? I think they have terrible customer service.

Thank you all

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,169 Posts
I've used two Land Rover dealers now that I've moved last year. The first dealer in Florida was good enough for maintenance but when I needed something checked out (air bag light) it was a solid month before they could get me in.

Here in NC there are more dealers in the surrounding areas so I can get in within a week for issues, maintenance has been fine as well. Price hasn't been an issue to date because I have extended warranty and prepaid maintenance.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The dealer told me $2900 plus tax for front and rear pads, sensors and rotors.

$1400 without the rotors

Local shop $500

Do you guys have any bad experience with the Land Rover dealer? I think they have terrible customer service.

Thank you all
I’ve had bad service experiences with the Glen Cove dealer in Long Island, NY. I recommend staying away from them.

That being said, I’ve developed a good relationship with the service folks in West Chester, PA. In fact, my brother who has an Evoque and lives in NY, also makes the drive to the service folks in West Chester, PA because they take care of us. Also, nyc way overcharges as compared to other states if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Also at 22k miles and recommended brake pads be replaced. $1300 for front and rear. Luckily I have a pre-paid wear and tear plan that will cover it.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Hutch,

Disc Italia pads and OEM rotors. Noise is essentially eliminated. Dust is eliminated. Now the pads are a harder material and don't have as much 'bite' as the OEM pads, but there is no perceived loss of stopping power. (I have a RRSC with the brembro system).

·
Registered
618 Posts
Lwesley,

Welcome to the forum.

I purchased DI pads from Brakeworld.com.

The noise I am referring to is the constant squeaking/squealing of the brakes when using them at a low speed. This was really common in some of the older models. I believe that it is much less of a problem in the newer rigs because of changes made to the rotor/pad compounds.

Ceramic pads have much less dust. That has been important for several forum members, as well.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The pads I got from Brakeworld didn't fit my 19. The Previous generations apparently all have a pad. I plan to order DI pads again when I know they have ones that will fit. The rears fit but sensors didn't and the fronts were way off.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I forgot to mention the guys (David and John) at Breakworld were awesome. Give them a call, the reviews on those pads are excellent.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info. I just picked up a 2014 RRS SC with 34k miles and noticed the high amount of brake dust and the squealing noise at low speeds. I thought that’s what you were referring to but wanted to be sure. I’ll check out the DI pads if that seems to be a solution for both.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
49 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and thanks for the info. I just picked up a 2014 RRS SC with 34k miles and noticed the high amount of brake dust and the squealing noise at low speeds. I thought that’s what you were referring to but wanted to be sure. I’ll check out the DI pads if that seems to be a solution for both.
I had the slow speed squeaking noise on mine and the dealer fixed it the third time I took them in for the same issue. The first two times they were giving some lame excuses like "heavy vehicle, so that's common, etc..." but I know they tried something and couldn't fix it. Well it's been over a year now and no noise.

Now it's time to change my brakes and I'm looking at the Disc Italia like other folks recommend here. Not sure if I have to change the rotors now though. The dealer said it's always recommended to change pads and rotors together on these rigs. My last brake job was around 30k miles ago at the dealer and they replaced everything. Now I'm at 74k miles. Any suggestions on the rotor replacement? Do I need to buy any other parts like liners, sensors?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts