RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just replaced all of the rotors and pads on my 2009 RRS supercharged. The wear sensor light is still on. My question is are the sensors the same front and rear so if i order 2 replacements can I just order the same.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
338 Posts
Are these the wear sensors for 06-09? I need to get my 08 SC inspected and can't without getting the light off of the dash. I had put brakes in the day before I left for vacation and couldn't get the sensors that day. So now I just need to get the correct sensors. Btw, i need the front sensors.
Thanks

EDIT: The links above are for 06 models. I found the front sensors for 07-09 supercharged below
http://www.roverparts.com/Parts/SEM500090

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
Your '08 will have a different one for the front. However for inspection purposes you can cut the sensor "ball/bulb" off the end of the wiring and join the two wires together to shut off the light.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Is the link I posted above the correct ones for my 08 SC?

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I wasn't aware a different front sensor was needed for 2006 S/C as opposed to 07/09s. But yes, that looks like the one you need (order just 1 sensor.) Amazon sells a non-OEM for less than half the price of the genuine article, this is one instance where an aftermarket part would probably be every bit as good as the OEM, if you want to save some money. It's just an insulated wire with a plug at one end and a loop at the other. http://www.amazon.com/URO-Parts-SEM500090-Front-Sensor/dp/B0066QUXJK/ref=au_as_r?_encoding=UTF8&Make=Land Rover|11&Model=Range Rover Sport|2833&Year=2007|2007&ie=UTF8&n=15684181&s=automotive&vehicleId=1&vehicleType=automotive

·
Registered
338 Posts
So won't I need 2 sensors for the front? 1 for the left, one for the right? If not, what side does the sensor go on?
Also, When i got the brake pads and rotors replaced the amber colored "BRAKE' light went from being yellowish orange to full red. What caused the light to change colors?

BTW, my dad told me to ask that, he will be the one putting the sensors in.

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
As stated previously there is only ONE sensor for the front. This is also noted in the link I posted.

·
Registered
338 Posts
What side does the sensor go on?

I just ordered the sensor from amazon that Umbertob posted above.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
That front one is a PITA to change as the connector plug is behind the wheel well plastic...make sure you buy dad a beer or two after he's done.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts