RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can someone help me telling me or showing me a picture of brake master cylinder????
The dealer tells me that mine isnt working, and wants to charge me something like 8000 us dollars. I need help, can it be fixed? where can i get a used one??
Range rover 4.0 1995

Best regards from mexico

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,115 Posts
Check this link. It may be your only hope.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=23569

The "master cylinder" is indeed a very expensive replacement part. You can rebuild the unit, if you're handy, using this kit. ... or roll the dice on a used unit.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi guys (sorry for my english)
Im going to tell you my historyt. I hope someone can help
I live in mexico city, there are not too many range rovers here, even the new ones, we dont have mechanics that are really familiarized with the car.
So i tried to fix it with no success by buying brake abs accumulator, bleeding etc. SO i took the car to the "dealer" that was my last hope.
Right now i am thinking to make a trip to the us and try to find a used replacement of the master brake cylinder , but i am confused , i certainly dont know what piece is or how it looks like: is it the one that is under the brake liquid reservoir?? or is it located in the mechanism of the brake pedal????
can someone tell me???
this a resume
my abs pump aparently is ok.
abs accumulator new.
when i opened the bleeding niple at each tire i didnt get any fluid
there is blake fluid on the low pressure side of the abs pump, and the pump is pushing fluid too.
any ideas????
please help!!

Does atlantic british or someone else has this part for sale???
best regard from mexico

·
FOUNDING MEMBER
4,509 Posts
brake liquid reservoir?? or is it located in the mechanism of the brake pedal????
yes and yes, it's the same place. There's lots of pipes on it.

Did you use the workshop manual to do the bleeding? just opening the screws won't yield any fluid if you don't have a friend pushing on the pedal.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shupack said:
brake liquid reservoir?? or is it located in the mechanism of the brake pedal????
yes and yes, it's the same place. There's lots of pipes on it.

Did you use the workshop manual to do the bleeding? just opening the screws won't yield any fluid if you don't have a friend pushing on the pedal.
hi

Yes there was a friend helping pushing on the pedal. Im going to try the bleeding process again, for my bad luck the car is still at the garage of the dealer, so im getting it out this week. thanks for your time
does anyone wants to make a trip to mexico?????

Thanks

·
Registered
640 Posts
dimitriaudio said:
So i tried to fix it with no success by buying brake abs accumulator, bleeding etc.
dimitriaudio said:
when i opened the bleeding niple at each tire i didnt get any fluid
If you are unsure what the Brake Master Cylinder/Booster Unit looks like or where it is located I don't think you could have bleed the system correctly as there are Three Bleed Nipples on it as well as a Nipple at each Wheel/Brake Caliper.

The Link below to the Main Site may help.

http://www.rangerovers.net/maintenance/brakebleed4.html

Cheers

1 - 8 of 8 Posts