RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brake warning light is flickering. Admittedly, this could mean anything from low oil pressure, to the windows being open, but in this case, I think it is brake related.

The light will flicker randomly from time to time, but will often come on under braking. I'm not too familiar with brake systems, I've always left them alone. Anyone have any pointers how to diagnose the problem? I'm assuming my first step is to check there is brake fluid in the tank (there was the last time I checked).
Thanks,
James

·
Registered
23 Posts
With you mentioning it coming on when you have your brake pedal down does suggest low/ borderline fluid level in the brake fluid reservior. I would check this as a first course, then at the earliest opportunity have a gander under the car and around the road wheels to look see to check there's no evidence of fluid seepage.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Drawing a longer straw, did the American models have the break pad wear sensor hooked up to the brake light on the dash?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
benji said:
Drawing a longer straw, did the American models have the break pad wear sensor hooked up to the brake light on the dash?
They do, but that's a different warning light.

However, I've sorted it out. It was indeed low fluid. It was still above the MIN indicator, but now I've topped it up a bit the trouble has stopped. I should have looked at this first, I'm not used to things being the 'obvious' answer... :doh:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts