RangeRovers.net Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Dude... let up on the throttle and panic braking. Pads and rotors last more than 15K miles for most Brembo folks. Being on your third set of pads at 30K is ridiculous.
I'm on par with OP at about 12k miles for pads :(
I got the SVR blues .... dana na na na

·
Registered
139 Posts
3 sets of brakes for 30,000 miles is crazy. 1st pad/rotor change at 27,000 miles with the SC V8 Brembo, also towing a 7,200lb trailer, though I should've done it closer to 25,000 miles. Going forward I am going to change the pads at 15-20,000 miles to avoid scoring the rotors so they can live a bit longer and not need to be replaced with the pads - hopefully to 40,000.

Brake flush is usually only needed if your pedal feel is a bit spongy. Strangely, I need to bleed my mountain bike brakes which use Mineral Oil far more often than replacing it's pads, and I've never needed to replace the rotors.. :)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
So should i flush the system ? Got 32xxx miles?
No. I don't believe the service manual recommends a brake flush anywhere near 32k miles. But I would verify with service manual. My guess is that's closer to 80k miles.

·
Registered
16 Posts
No. I don't believe the service manual recommends a brake flush anywhere near 32k miles. But I would verify with service manual. My guess is that's closer to 80k miles.
Ok thanks , So i took my car to a local shop , front rotor and pads were install. As they were trying to remove the rear rotors , the rear calipers were frozen and it started leaking brake fluid.. is my rear calipers shot? they tried putting the car in "epd mode" to release the pistons? but it still didn't work. what can i do now?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Ok thanks , So i took my car to a local shop , front rotor and pads were install. As they were trying to remove the rear rotors , the rear calipers were frozen and it started leaking brake fluid.. is my rear calipers shot? they tried putting the car in "epd mode" to release the pistons? but it still didn't work. what can i do now?

What do you mean they were "frozen"? Didn't you drive the car there? Are they sure the e-brake was not engaged? I really would consider taking it into the dealer if it's leaking because that should be covered under warranty. The Brembo calipers are actually pretty rugged so I would be surprised if they need to be replaced. Worst case you may have to get a new piston seal or it's possible the bleed valve is leaking and may need to be replace. I wouldn't drive it if its leaking though (for lots of reasons).

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I was going to do the brake job at my Porsche Dealer, buy my S.A told me he required a special tool for the eBrake, my JLR same company, JLR dealer did the installation pads and rotors for $400 I think it was good.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts