RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

It sounds pretty cold, but I only seem to lurk or post here when some mechanical gremlin's got a hold on my 91 Hunter, but so it goes. Down to the grit: my idle's been pretty wonky lately, what with it searching between 1k and 2k at idle. Under the hood, I'm getting a whistling sound coming from the brake booster, and when I clamp the vacuum hose leading into the booster from the block, my idle steadies. I'm pretty sure my booster unit is shot which, depending on if I can find a parts truck with a suitable donor part or not. as well as how student loans come this fall, may end up 86ing this truck.

A couple of questions. Firstly, I know a person with a parts truck willing to donate a booster, but it's sporting an ABS system. I believe that means I can't use the unit, but I'd like to double check with experienced owners. Second, is it realistic to tackle changing out the booster unit, or is this a longshot for a hobby mechanic? After changing out the heater core I feel invincible, but brakes are brakes, and can be tricky business. Third, thank you in advance for any replies. The information I've dug from this forum has probably saved me countless of hours of head banging and scraped knuckles.

·
Registered
269 Posts
First off the Hunters are good because they don't have abs. Second non abs is easy to work on. Third fill in your profile you never know there could be somebody near you willing to help you out.

Don't sell your truck for some quick cash you will regret it! Get a Honda to commute with and save your truck for fun.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
For a non US based member, what year is a Hunter?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts