Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I changed front and rear calipers and brake hoses and unfortunately I let the master cylinder get empty.

I have a power bleeder and I understand the normal order is: right rear, left rear, right front, left front. However, before I do that, what other steps do I need to take? Do I need to bleed the master cylinder first? Has anyone had to do this before? :?::shock::?:

·
Premium Member
2,467 Posts
If the reservoir went dry, you probably need to do a full flush, and not just a bleed, as you may have air trapped all the way up at the M/C, but nothing too special.

The point where it would become more of a task is if the ABS/TC activated with the system dry, as this can trap air between the modulator valves, and a power bleed may be needed at that point.

Personally, I would start with just a good local gravity bleed, then a few sweeps of the brake pedal(bleed valve open at top of travel, and closed to raise the pedal back up) and then finish off with your pressurized bleeder to flush the rest out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.