RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys-

I have 89k miles on my 2014 RRS Supercharged and I am a few k miles overdue for transfer box oil change and the dynamic system filter change according to the passbook to service. I work with a local rover shop - they called the dealer for the parts for the dynamic system filter and they stated that there was no part for that. Its clearly listed in the passport to service, so he's going to check the system out when he can get it up on the lift.

I am also due for brakes - believe it or not at 89k miles this is my first change of the front pads and rotors (the dealer changed them out once at 30k miles with 75% pad left due to squealing) - I have changed the rear pads only at the dealer once. I had the choice of going for the OEM parts (which still squealed after the dealer service) - or going with "high quality 3rd party" parts according the the Inde Rover shop. I asked what brand of brakes they used, and they stated they are from Textar. Anyone know anything or have thoughts on these 3rd party items? This is my first time using this shop; they seem to have good reviews.

Here is my estimate:

REPLACE FRONT BRAKES
Labor: 1.5 hrs - 157.50
FRONT BRAKE PADS: 184.00
FRONT BRAKE ROTORS: 2 rotors - 360.00
FRONT BRAKE SENSOR: 39.00

REPLACE REAR BRAKES
Labor: 1.5 hrs - 157.50
REAR BRAKE PADS: 104.00
REAR BRAKE ROTORS: 2 rotors- 252.00
REAR BRAKE SENSOR: 39.00

TRANSFER CASE SERVICE
Labor: 2 hrs - 210.00
T-BOX FLUID: 4 quarts - 60.00

REPLACE DYNAMIC SUSPENSION FILTER - NOT APPLICABLE

Subtotal: 1564.00

let me know if you guys have any thoughts on these numbers? Does two hours to drain a transfer box seem legit to change 4 its of fluid? He told me that the service included drain, flush, and refill.

Im not outraged by the final numbers, as the dealer charges significantly more - I just wanted to know what you guys thought.

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
7 Posts
Hi did you ever get these installed? My local shop is recommending the same brand for my 2018 SVR with 29K miles and close to rear brakes needing attention.

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,170 Posts
Good info as I'll be due for the 80k mile service later this year. I had the prepaid maintenance for 4 years so this is the first time I'll be looking to maybe go indy. I'm going to call around and see what the different prices are--may call sooner and see if the indy knows anything about this dynamic suspension filter.

By the way on my fourth set of brake pads, second rotors. Dealer replaced original for squeaking very early also and ended up using ceramic aftermarket to avoid brake dust.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did have the service completed. The brakes front and rear are still squeaky as hell. My front brakes were 75% after 20K miles, but the rears had to be replaced within a year. I drive all highway miles. I brought it in to the shop to ask about the discrepancy but they pretty much told me to go pound sand because I had gone 20k miles. I brought up the fact that the mileage didn't seem to cause that much wear on the fronts which take the brunt of the wear but that made no difference. I didn't replace them with them again. My previous set of rears went double the distance. I have no idea whether the pads were the issue, or if its just they way the cars is, but it was odd to get half the life of the rear pads compared to my OEM.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts