Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Changing to braided brake line is one of the more popular mods among Harley-Davidson owners, not as much for performance as it is for looks.
Unlike the Harley's ornamental display of brake lines & throttle cables the Rover keeps it's brake lines concealed and out of sight, so there's no bling effect.
Unless you have brake lines that are very aged & dry rotting, I don't think there would be any improvement in performance. If your brake lines are shot, they would contribute to a relatively spongey feel, and changing to steel braid lines would firm-up the pedal feel. Of course, air in the lines would give a spongey feel too, so bleeding the brakes would give a more noticable imporvement.
I would certainly change to braided, but ONLY if the brake lines were truely in need of replacement, and I can't think of a single vehicle I've ever owned (including my Harley & Triumph, or any other bike I've owned) that has ever really needed the brake lines replaced.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.