RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its almost winter here so I thought I'd invest in some winter rims and tires. Nothing fancy but I think it looks pretty good. The rims are Blaque Diamond with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 tires. 275/40R20. I am gone be running these for the winter and also I am gone go off roading with the RRS `) and I didnt want to wreck the Autobiography wheels. lol Local dealership is having and off road event so I thought I'd go and hang out. Ill post pics after sunday. Should be fun. It's all gone be Land Rover vehicles 8)

Here's some pics:

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
56 Posts
Looks great, love the tires - much more "Land-Rover" seeing all that tread from the side of the vehicle!! :thumb: The wheels look good too, but a little bit fragile for my liking - too many craters on the roads around here in the winter!

What sort of price can I pick up a set of winter tyres for, and do you guys think I really need them? I have heard that the Supercharged Sport in particular can handle a lot better in the snow with actual winter tires, but my standard tires are already rated M+S? - doesn't this mean Mud & Snow? :?

..........holding breath waithing to be flamed by heavey off-road contingent...... `8)

Megan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I always like to run winter tires. Yes the tires on there say mud and snow. My old infinity g35 had all season tires on it too and it sucked when I had to drive it in the winter. Once I put on winter tires it was like night and day. You get way better traction with winter tires. Where they help the most in the winter is your stopping and turning. We got all wheel drive so starting out isn't bad, but I know I'd hate to rear end someone and think to myself that I could of avoided the colision if I had better tires. And someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but in Quebec, Canada I was told it was the law to have winter tires.
I look t it also, we spend so much on out vehicles already, whats $1500 gone do. I paid $3400 for the rims with sensors. And I think Costco was selling just te tires for $1500. Small investment in my eyes. I would always recommend winter tires doesn't matter what vehicle.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
p38arover said:
I saw these yesterday. Much better looking!
There's a steel wheel that fits the Sport? I did not know that.

Although they can be buggers to balance sometimes, but that looks hubcentric.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts