RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my RRS after 5 months. My dealer offered CILAJET for exterior paint and interior leather protectant (all stains, including blue jean dye). I feel I got a great deal. Paid $1,000 for Cilajet, Windshield coverage and ding/dent coverage.

It takes a day to do. I'll post pics later.

http://www.cilajet.com

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Be careful. From a BMW forum... "Had cilajet applied to my new BMW. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!! Totally ruined my car. I waited months for my new car to come from Germany, I picked it up at the dealers all nice and shiny. They talked me into cilajet, I PAID 1,300. Two days after it was applied I had it outside in the rain. When it dried big white spots appeared all over my car, windshield and windows. There is also white residue on the inside door sills and white streaks are running out of the grill and down the side of the car. It took 3 people washing the car to try to get the white spots off. Only problem, every time it rains the white spots appear again making it impossible to wash off. I paid 50,000 for my new dream car only to have a car that looks horrible and I'm embarrassed to drive."

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I found this too, but it is one of the only bad reviews from a user. Couldn't find any other user with the same problem. I found mostly positive and impressive reviews. It was part of a larger protection package. I got the Ivory interior and have concerns about stains and blue jean dye - This package covers it. If they can't remove the stain, they replace the leather (dealer sends it out) - I also liked the ding/dent warranty and the windshield coverage.

Be careful. From a BMW forum... "Had cilajet applied to my new BMW. WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!! Totally ruined my car. I waited months for my new car to come from Germany, I picked it up at the dealers all nice and shiny. They talked me into cilajet, I PAID 1,300. Two days after it was applied I had it outside in the rain. When it dried big white spots appeared all over my car, windshield and windows. There is also white residue on the inside door sills and white streaks are running out of the grill and down the side of the car. It took 3 people washing the car to try to get the white spots off. Only problem, every time it rains the white spots appear again making it impossible to wash off. I paid 50,000 for my new dream car only to have a car that looks horrible and I'm embarrassed to drive."

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Cilajet is awesome if applied by someone who knows what they are doing. I have had it on my 335 for 4yrs now and car looks as good as factory new. No waxing just regular wash and still beads like it was just waxed. I would have had it applied to the RRS but I want to try opti-coat everyone is raving about. Variety is spice of life. I dont have a single complaint about my cilajet. I am very satisfied. :thumb:

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info -

Cilajet is awesome if applied by someone who knows what they are doing. I have had it on my 335 for 4yrs now and car looks as good as factory new. No waxing just regular wash and still beads like it was just waxed. I would have had it applied to the RRS but I want to try opti-coat everyone is raving about. Variety is spice of life. I dont have a single complaint about my cilajet. I am very satisfied. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
I heard opti-coat can be disastrous too if you go to unqualified installer. Most of these strong substances you better do your homework make are installer knows what they are doing. These cars are not cheap and am not going to risk it with some clueless installer who gives me a $500 discount leaves $1000 mess!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Going to follow this thread Directby. My order for the '15 is at your dealer following your recommendation. Let us know how the Cilajet works out, like Vaser I was leaning towards opticoat.

I don't think I want any coating on the inside though, I like the smell and feel of the leather.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I will let you know - i'm not having the cilajet applied till end of august -

Going to follow this thread Directby. My order for the '15 is at your dealer following your recommendation. Let us know how the Cilajet works out, like Vaser I was leaning towards opticoat.

I don't think I want any coating on the inside though, I like the smell and feel of the leather.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts