RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud to say, I got a 1989 Range Rover Classic today. Mechanics are 100% perfect, which was quite a shock for me. Celeb owned (the Pintard family, who owns the Forester baseball team), cosmetics are needed. Badly. Should be fun!

Here's the link to the ad, sorry, it was too dark to get pics. http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/cto/1588612434.html

Apparently I was the perfect owner.

So what it needs:

Either rebend or yank the bull bar (a mexican pregnant lady hit the car, didn't have insurance, and yes she was from Mexico)
Switch plate for the windows (the clips are broken and its just wobbling aound
Door actuators for all 4 doors
Rear tail gate glass metal is rusted (the only rust on the truck)
tires
a nice bath (inside and out) and wax

·
Registered
665 Posts
**** thats in nice shape. I just got a 92, the hatch wouldnt open so they sawed through the sides. dash all pulled apart because the heater fan doesnt work. etc.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Congrats jump on the fluids and enjoy the new ride

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to sunny Los Angeles, California. Here in my subdivision, my *1990* Range Rover classic sits. Today, I did ALL the fluids (including the power steering fluid for good measure), and while I didn't get to waxing it, I did take rubbing compound to it all day. While my neighbors in the Ferraris and Lamborghinis were driving by, EVERY SINGLE ONE was looking at my old beater classic.

More info: 1990 (not a county). No ABS, BRAND NEW MOTOR with 7k miles on it, brand new front and rear differential, brand new brakes. Timing was just done on Thursday by the previous owner.

Without further ado, I present Snoopy:

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Now you have that out of the way, time for a lift and bigger tires. :thumb:

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I raided a salvage yard yesterday. A 1994 Plymoth Blue LWB was on the way home from getting new tires and rear ended something. Out of the deal, I ended up with 4 BRAND NEW TWR rims with BRAND NEW All Terrains (which are way way way bigger than the wimpy, worn 225s I had on the stock rims. I switched them out, grabbed a new passenger side mirror (which thankfully isn't ducktaped on, but no longer is power because the LWB had memory seats and mine does not), new tail light lense for the right side, and a BRAND NEW TAIL GATE GLASS (which has NO rust.

Cost:
4 TWR rims with new tires ($31.99 each, total 4)
Tail gate glass, no rust ($22.99)
Transfer case shift knob ($.29)
Dome lenses ($.39, got 2)
Tail light lenses ($3.99 each piece, total for 1 right hand side tail light)

I know, I got a steal
So I need a center console, window switch plate and either new leather for the passenger seat bottom or seat covers, haven't decided.
(I was too hung over from the night before, so I didn't grab those items)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts