Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought this beauty about month ago, the wife really wanted me to buy something different and had her heart set on a RR, so I found the model that made me happy too, the limited HST version, very nice. See pic below, perfect option for me & love the look. But then it was too much to ask for it to last more than a month.

Came out of the store and it wouldn't open with the remote, or both remotes, RR Roadside engaged, no help, after 4 hours of calls with them sitting in the parking lot, they failed to tow it or help in any way, I abandoned it and had it towed myself the next morning to the dealer. After a week plus, they replaced various electronics, got the call thy test-drove it 3 times to ensure she was all fixed. We went there and didn't even get it out of Park. Horn was blowing sporadically on its own, the console screen was dimmed out & nothing electrical worked - navi, radio, etc., it was undrivable .. yet test driven?? Um. Now get a call that the tailgate hatch harness was 'burnt up' and that loss of ground fried the other stuff. They're "trying to order parts", stuff is on back order, no ETA, no prognosis. We're working our way to as many days in the shop as I've owned it. Land Rover said they'd escalate my case to a supervisor and they'd call me back, 2 weeks and they've never returned a call to me. I never knew that Jeep/Dodge thru the years was treating me so well, now by comparison, I appreciate them more. Driving a loaner Evoq, which is tiny & rattly, as I make my 2nd payment ... I'm in disbelief. Hoping for the best but meanwhile I wrote up my lemon law letter and will mail it tomorrow to get that clock ticking, as the service advisor has only sounded dire on the calls.

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 RR Sport SC Dynamic
1,242 Posts
Wow, sorry to hear about the issues. How many miles do you have on it? Really disappointed (but not surprised) to hear how Land Rover is handling this so far.

At this point are you preferring it to be fixed or lemon'ed?

·
Banned
305 Posts
listen carefully. 1- read your lemon law book 2- start the process once you reach the threshold for submitting a case to the state board. it is not very hard to do and costs nothing.

LRNA plays hardball. you need to as well. and don't pick your car up until it is perfect. keep driving your loaner.

best of luck and hope your problems are resolved soon.

·
Premium Member
1,425 Posts
Call LRNA customer support and lodge a complaint to get a case number and get logged into the system.

Don't feel sorry for you yet!! You can read my saga on the L405 subsection, with a rattle on my 2015 ATB, that took 60 days to find and fix. At least you have a LR loaner, mine came from Enterprise through the dealer and one of them was a Dodge minivan with 70K miles, for real, you can't make this stuff up!

The good news is that after that initial issue, the RR has been more than great. After much back and forth, LRNA customer support compensated us with an extended warranty. They wanted to offer the equivalent of one months payment, but we insisted that they needed to show us that they were confident in the long term reliability of the RR and the only way to do it was an extended warranty.

Be very carefull what you say, as they will take every word you say very literally and you know they record the calls! They also accidentally gave us some ammunition when they sent us a letter that they had cut/paste and left the name and address of another unhappy customer in our area. We threatened to contact them too! It was not a pleasant few months, but all we wanted was the RR to work, without any issues, like it had during the first 300 miles of ownership. I am at 11K miles and one year of ownership and I'm very happy with the RR ... if I ignore those first 2 months! ;-)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm, none of this sounds promising. Wow, what a shame. I am starting the lemon process now. Did my letter, I'm just calling my states attny office tomorrow o double check everything before I certify mail it and at least get them on notice. Thanks guys, I'll hope for the best and plan for the worst.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Sorry to hear of your experience! I feel blessed to be 5500km in and no issues whatsoever. I hope to hear that you've gotten a successful outcome.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I haven't gotten my car yet, but all these troubles I read on the forums is making me doubt my decision. This is my first Range Rover.

·
RIP Our Friend
27,834 Posts
THere are far more owners with issue free cars then the few that hop on forums with issues then disappear. Could you get a lemon? Of course you could. Any of us could. The chances of getting a new rig with major issues is so small and such a tiny percentage you are just working yourself into a frenzy over nothing.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Exactly, the forums tend to be an area where people generally come with problems, the issue free owners are not taking time to post for the most part. This is a car that the dealers can't keep in stock generally, so there's a fair amount of them out there. I would also note that it's a *very* sophisticated vehicle, lots of on-board computer systems, so if the right component fails, it can have devastating effects on the entire vehicle. I think all modern vehicles in this class are susceptible to this.

I recently took possession of a fully loaded RRS ATB, no issues to date (knock on wood), just pure blissful driving. I literally look for reasons to drive somewhere, that's how amazing the car is.

Hang in there, you will get what you paid for, one way or the other, or your money back. Remember, this isn't fun for LRNA either, things work alot better for their bottom line when the vehicles arrive as advertised and issue free. It could very well be that you have a lemon.

·
Registered
321 Posts
My rig spent good week and half at the dealer just for squeaking brakes. Issue was caliper brackets on rear left was machined incorrectly but reason it took that long is because dealer really was terrible in actually checking issue until you actually get at them. I hope your ride is something minor and it resolves because you have a really nice HST. After all I as well find almost any reason to drive my rig because I cant get enough of it at all. Already have 4400 miles and picked it up Oct 2nd 2015.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Agree w above . Had car in shop/dealership for 5 days in first month for a few issues that were resolved (my dealership seems great)- annoying at the time but since then can't wait to get in my RRS in the morning And after work. 2000 miles in first 48 days.

2016 RRS HSE TD6

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yea, the Internet is heavily skewed to the problems, no doubt. I researched a little here before buying and then was going to post a pic on my buy and happiness and thanks, and bam it took a new turn. No word from LRNA or the dealer, mailed the lemon letter today in case. Really hoping it's all resolved. The car is a real beauty, and although I'm not a RR guy at first per se, it won me over on the drive home from buying it, I'm bummed not having it to drive.

One weird thing I encountered, which I thought was a fluke, but now not totally sure. When I was shopping I went to see 2 different RRS with the options I wanted, both times the car was in "inop" status, which I was told was electrical issues and they were unsellable til fixed, or dead on arrival. Thought it was weird to stumble on 2 of those. I hope it wasn't the universe trying to tell me something, lol. But, anyway, will update with good news when I get it, I hope. Thanks, all.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Range Rovers are plagued with electrical problems. Look at any reliability reports or JD powers reports. They look and drive amazing though. I guess its like driving an exotic sports car except its an SUV. There is no way in hell I would ever keep one out of warranty.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Evoque
40 Posts
Same issue as Daffy.....remote did nothing..dead car...towed from driveway, electronics replaced after a few days... picked up rr...functioning fine...still love the hst

Only issue...aggravation, but customer service was helpful with loaner etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Same issue as Daffy.....remote did nothing..dead car...towed from driveway, electronics replaced after a few days... picked up rr...functioning fine...still love the hst

Only issue...aggravation, but customer service was helpful with loaner etc.
Thanks for posting, hearing another HST had a similar problem and is now good to go makes me feel better.

Customer service was horrible for me. I've still yet to hear anything from LR, but OK, I keep AAA for my wife & son so when LR couldn't get the towing figured out, I had options. No word on status all week, I may do like before & stop by the dealer tomorrow in person for news, seems the best way to get info.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings - I recently found this thread after searching for others who may be experiencing issues with their 2016 HST as we have been. As with others, ours appears to be electrical related (CAN communication error, HDC, Stability Control, and Gearbox faults). This is the third time in 4 months we've had to bring the car to the dealership to address. This most recent time, the vehicle completely shut down while it was being driven! It's now been there for over 10 days and so far they have not been able to identify the root cause. While I hope they're able to find the issue and implement a permanent fix, I've already engaged an attorney to explore my options :(

·
Registered
38 Posts
My current RRS sc is my second. The first lit up like a Christmas tree with error and warning lights while driving on the HW. LR couldn't figure it out and wanted to keep for a few weeks. They ended up just switching me out to another RRS. As posted above, LR all has electrical issues at some time or another. Don't let these guys fool you. The issues usually are with warnings or nav /radio but you can expect a few gremlins in the vehicles lifetime. Consider looking at the car like a hot but crazy girlfriend.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I wanted to give an update. Car spent 3.5 weeks in the shop. Picked her up and this time she started and everything, lol.

So far no issues, seems fine, so I'm back to trying to bond after our very rocky start. It is truly one beautiful vehicle in and out, so I think it'll win me over again ... as long as no more tow truck visits are involved.

Although LRNA road side was a disaster to deal with, I di send my lemon letter into LRNA and I rec' a call from a very nice woman. She's called the selling and service dealers twice and has called me three times on follow ups. We have one lingering paperwork issue she's working on with the selling dealer. She's a great rep for LRNA, very very nice and has followed her word on everything, so that too has been refreshing from my first few calls to them. Shame it had to require letter and all, but I do now feel like they're acting like I'd think they should and the customer care, at least from this wonderful woman, has now been great.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts