RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....with central locking, fronts and tailgate fine. Any Ideas ?
Thanks

·
Registered
126 Posts
Did they both stop working at the same time??
if not i would say its the small motor in the lock which hs failed, i had one go on mine, brought a replacement second hand lock and exchnage the motor, problem fixed.
if they both went at the same time i would say its probally something else, what that would be thoughi afraid i have no idea!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not worked since Ive had the car, I think it may be the drivers doorlock microswitch, will do some checks.
Cheers Steve

·
Registered
167 Posts
On my 2000 both of the rear door latches will lock but not unlock. If you power them directly at the connector they will unlock.

The unlock signal comes directly but separately for each door from the BECM and is not reaching the plug for either door motor. No outstations to check.

I have concluded that the BECM is not sending the unlock signal but I am not sure if it is a computer setting or a failure causing it.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
36 Posts
The two front doors have an outstation each but the rear doors are controlled directly by the BeCM. In my rig, a BeCM failure caused the rear doors to stop locking and unlocking (you can unlock and lock them manually ) as well as some other issues such as the fuel door latch not opening anymore.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The rear doors and fuel cap work from the same fuse, have you checked that ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts