Range Rovers Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
On the Discovery II, there was some feature if you hit the key lock button twice, I can't remember what it was.

On the Range Mark III (at least the '03 model) the car is locked and alarmed on one push of the key lock button. A second push of the button within a short time period actually disables the interior motion sensors, in my understanding, so that the alarm doesn't go off for example if you leave an animal inside ( window open, of course). I do this when I leave my dog in the car.

On the other hand, this is the sort of thing that can probably be dealer programmed to set up other arrangements.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,492 Posts
Hi guys,

This happened to my father L322 06' TD6.
He was loading stuff in the trunk and forgotten his keys there.
By closing down the trunk, rangie locked on it's own.
He called his assistance, the guy tried the coat hanger thing both on the dashboard button and on the internal door mechanism. No way, the thing was superlocked, as dealer said.

They had to brake into by the rear door tiny glass.

This thing is a mobile safe ;)

Cheers

Flo

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,802 Posts
Do you still have the plastic emergency key? I keep mine in my wallet (is that billfold to Americans?).

Reactions: ventogt

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,802 Posts
He called his assistance, the guy tried the coat hanger thing both on the dashboard button and on the internal door mechanism. No way, the thing was superlocked, as dealer said.

They had to brake into by the rear door tiny glass.
I had a good play with the locks after I got one out to replace it. They are extremely difficult to unlock. Trying to hook a piece of wire into the lock without seeing where it’s going would be nigh impossible. Also, pulling up on the snib won’t work.

re cutting the D ring, how would you get to it?
Getting in by breaking the rear quarter window would be expensive - the glass is bonded to the door.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts