Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
No super locking on the Mark III Range Rover with dead bolts.

They removed that feature thankfully.

I can break into a P38 Range Rover no problem but man I don't know how to get into a Mark III.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
newportrover said:
British_Rover said:
No super locking on the Mark III Range Rover with dead bolts.

They removed that feature thankfully.

I can break into a P38 Range Rover no problem but man I don't know how to get into a Mark III.
My mark III manual says it has super lock...its a 2003..... :?:
Hmhh well LR3s and RRS say they have super lock too but they don't. It was pulled for the North American market just like the interior motion sensors.

I know current Mark IIIs don't but maybe early build 2003 MY did.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
RR Family said:
IIRC, a new key would require getting inside the vehicle to program it? I think the stealer told me it needs to be in the ignition to program the key.

I am surpised a AAA guy cannot find a way to get in there - usually they know all the tricks. The wife told me they have a device they put between the door and the jamb to open it just enough to get a device in there which will push the button.

Good luck!
The device is just an air bladder with a valve in it. It works just like a blood pressure cuff. You slide it into between the door and the body of the car then inflate it to gently pry the door open enough to get something in to trip the lock.

I have one but have never used it on a Mark III. It works great on a P38 but the Mark III has much studier doors. I am not sure it would work on a Mark III.

Also I just noticed are poor friend is in Qatar so no telling what kind of additional problems that would cause.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Infamous Rover said:
This happened to me last week. I got a new key from Land Rover and opened the door manually and then found the key locked inside and used that to drive to the dealer and program the new key. Only way to do it without breaking the glass
Yeah that should work as long as nothing funny happens because he is in Qatar.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts