RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having some uneven running and lack of power issues. Checked my fault codes and after checking various posts on here concluded a good place to start was the MAF sensor.

I was heading towards a Bosh genuine, again as a result of sage advice here, but was concerned at the cost.

After research I found that a VW Golf 2 litre has the same inside probe, just a different housing. Using the VW part number 06A 906 461A I purchased a new Bosch MAF for less that 25% of the cheapest genuine I could find.

Swapped the two probes over no problem, using pliers to remove the screws. Plugged straight in and now running sweet as ever.

Check of live data shows all in balance.

Can’t think of any downside to this substitution so far.

On my classic for many years I would find compatible parts from other British cars were the same and far cheaper.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
1,333 Posts
Good find! It makes sense the actual sensor is a generic Bosch one, with just the housing specific to the P38.

Filip

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
15 Posts
First, I want to say thank you for this info to the BMW fans. I found this insert research there long time ago. The difference in reading is around 2% more air.. with is nothing.

Another difference is socket lock pin is not exist and the cable plug is just stay there without lock, not big problem

This is the Bosch part numbers that I bought long time ago.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts