RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, forum

I'm toying with the idea of taking the full specs i.e. (ID) and (OD) plus length and bends, to a custom hose shop in my city. Does anyone have the full specs of all the cooling system hoses? I just cant justify spending $320+ dollars on a kit from Atlantic British. If I have to I will. But I'd like to get a quote from this custom shop for grins.

Best,
Ashtray

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
A "custom" shop is cheaper than $300?
There are cheaper options, but to be honest it isn't expensive enough to justify anyone bothering with "custom" hoses.
Nobody is going to have the tech drawings of every hose under the hood.
My .02, buy the kit and get on with your life.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I mentioned to the sales rep the price of the kit, and he said I'd be spending about half of that. So yes. And by custom I do not mean anything fancy. Just coolant hoses, cut and contoured/bent to my application. Plus I'd have them same day.

What cheaper options do YOU know of?

edit: It is just a ma' & pa' shop that has been in the city for many decades and they specialize in hoses. They are not a hardcore high numbers performance shop by any means.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Well the cheaper options "I" know of, is ordering through the likes of Will Tillery, putting about 30 seconds of effort into a search engine, etc.
A 30 second Google search brings up a full kit, including overflow tubes and thermostat, for $249.95 shipped. So I'd say your price of $320+ is off to begin with....
Do as you wish of course, but like I said nobody here is going to have a specs for every hose under the hood of a P38. The complete kit is juts too cheap to justify anything besides a few mouse clicks and it being on your doorstep in a couple of days. Guaranteed to fit right the first time.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The one I quoted $320 was from Atlantic British website. The one you found on google including thermostat is most likely for the GEMS engine as I found that same one. If you can link the BOSCH one for that price with thermostat then you have me at checkmate.

edit: another find, the one that does NOT specify GEMS or BOSCH has it as applicable to models from 1995-2002. I was under the assumption that between the two models, the coolant hoses were different. If I'm wrong there please let me know

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
I'm kinda lost as to why it's my/our job to do your legwork for you. If I'm wrong, let us know.....
This site, to anyone that has either been here a while or bothers to read the sticky's and rules, is not a hand holding place. It is more like a library with all the information one could ever need to fix their Rover's. When you can't find an answer after trying yourself, you make a new thread. Pretty simple, and its worked for years and years like that.

Your question of anyone having all the specs for every hose under your hood, got answered in the firsts reply. Along with a reason why nobody would.
If you just went to AB's website for a sample price, that's on you. Go digging further, shoot Will Tillery an email, etc etc etc. and you'll find the correct parts cheaper than the $320 you said. Nothing wrong with just buying from AB's site though. Great customer service and the correct parts. Did you bother to look in the vendor section to see if there are any applicable discounts from AB right now?
Sounds like your blood pressure is going up seeing as I wont either hold your hand in finding you a good deal, or send you every hose measurement. No need for it really......

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol no I'm not boiling my blood or anything like that. I just asked for some specs. You answered for everyone and said no one will have them. Then you had a question, so I answered it. I've looked deep for cheaper options that come put together as a kit and found nothing other than for a GEMS engine which I assume is incompatible. So that was why I asked another question for you to show me the cheaper options. I'm sure we could go all day on this. I've never heard of Will Tillery. It appears as though he's my final stop for shopping prices. Thanks for the help.

edit: I only assume the kits are different between GEMS and BOSCH because one is an 11 pc. count set and the other is a 9 pc. count set.

PS: I'll update with what I find from Will.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will replied freakishly fast. :dance: Thanks leftlanetruckin. Cheers.

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
Will replied freakishly fast. :dance: Thanks leftlanetruckin. Cheers.
What was his shipped price?
I've bought so much stuff from him over the last decade or so, it isn't funny.
I felt confident in replying for everyone here, because since I've been here I have yet to hear anyone ask for the specs for a hose kit.

Martin

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,419 Posts
As a simple thought.
Purchase a full kit on line, bring it to the shop, let them measure all the parts, return the kit.......
I had never found Will either, and have purchased full kits from AB for both 02's....Painful pricing, and the last kit was half Chinese hoses of a notably lesser quality. Very disappointing.
They did all fit however.....
I would be interested in a USA made hose kit from a small business, as long as they use quality stock.
Just another option.
Shoot, if they can get really competitive, they should get the kit, duplicate it, and become a sponsor here......Or sell online......Just saying.....Never bad to have another source of parts.

Martin, Did a search, and only found 4+ year old forum posts mentioning Will Tillery......With conflicting information.....
How about current contact info? Need about half a dozen things and was about to buy....It would be nice to get a competing price........

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,235 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts