RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover P38A
26 Posts
Hello,
I am running Borla from the CAT back. I did not do the full install. Standard tips. The exhaust noise is noticeably louder than my wife’s Stock p38 exhaust. It does have a pleasant rumbly tone to it in all ranges. Hope this helps
Mongo757

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover P38A
26 Posts
By the way I have a matching pair of 2002 4.6 HSE Rovers

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
105 Posts
I replaced my exhaust with a full Borla system on my 2002 P38 when I first bought it a couple of years ago. It was very easy to do. I think the sound is great, albeit a bit louder than a stock system. Not sure about any performance increase. I couldn't tell any increase in performance or gas mileage. The chrome exhaust looks a lot better than the stock ones. I think it took me a hour or so to do the full install. Part of that was the old system was so rusted I had to cut it apart. It goes on without any issues and have had no problems since I installed it.

David

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
just installed the borla duals on my 01 Anniversary 4.6 - sounds great, I forget what the stock sounded like, aside from the old leak from the main muffler.. hehe

Sounds muscley on rev, great on WOT, great at speed, and I love a slight burble when you let off the gas on the highway.

Tips are shiny, kind of interesting how they point down, but i like it!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Funny I just did a quick search on the yt and have found no borla notes on a p38.Found a few thrust and magna flows though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts