Range Rovers Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
27,834 Posts
Can you give us a bit more to go on? Are you having issues or just playing with a new toy? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
799 Posts
Looks like a lot of carbon build up. Seafoam should help with that. What year and specific model is your RRS?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Looks like a lot of carbon build up. Seafoam should help with that. What year and specific model is your RRS?
Is it safe to seafoam a range rover? Im too afraid of damaging something as these things are already sensitive as it is.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
960 Posts
For a 140,000m engine I would have thought everthing is quite normal - typical carbon build up. Dont worry about it - leave it alone and dont go looking for trouble.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
799 Posts
Is it safe to seafoam a range rover? Im too afraid of damaging something as these things are already sensitive as it is.
In my opinion, yes it's safe. I used to do it all the time with my Audi 1.8T and it worked very well but that's a 4 cylinder. I would wager that for an 8 cylinder you need to use 2 cans to completely soak it.

This video showed great results compared to the other products the commentator used but I would recommend using the vacuum line method vs the method shown in the video as that method works on the Honda 4 banger. I tried an entire can on my 2010 RRS S/C and used the vacuum line method. It worked but there wasn't enough product in the can to soak the entire engine. Next time I won't get the aerosol can as per the video and instead, buy the regular can. Some people here will tell you it's snake oil but in my opinion it helps and when you have a direct injection engine you really need these treatments as DI engines build up carbon far faster than regular fuel injected engines. Unless I'm mistaken, your 2006 is also Direct injection... Or you can forego everything I just said and just use a fuel with absolutely no ethanol in it. Very hard to find these days. Here in Canada Shell boasts a clean non ethanol based fuel but you never know.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=u6UeJXkzDW8

·
Registered
283 Posts
I am running it regularly in my fuel tank. Works like a charm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts