RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

I've recently come to the realisation that a P38 is no good to replace my stolen Toyota Surf because the boot space isn't big enough to carry all my weekend yachting gear.

I'm interested in a Range Rover as a more luxurious option to the Toyota but the boot space needs to be viable.

Can someone with a L322 kindly tell me the dimensions of the boot - both with back seats up and down? I understand its more than the P38 but don't know how much.

In case it makes any difference I'm looking at 2003-4 era vehicles.

Many thanks.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
JACK'S GRANDAD
9,248 Posts
No search results then?

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
433 Posts
Here's what I measure in inches/centimeters.

Depth 42/107 from rear hatch to seat-back bottom; 72/183 rear hatch to back of front seats

Width 48/122 at rear hatch; 45/114 at narrowest point of the wheel arches

·
Registered
687 Posts
If the p38 boot space is no good the l322 wont be that much better, the slopped rear doesn't really help on it.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
433 Posts
Here's a clip from the brochure:

Cargo capacities
• Max. cargo area height 39.3 in. (997 mm)
• Length, rear seat up 42.3 in. (1074 mm)
• Length, rear seat folded 62.5 in. (1587 mm)
• Width between wheel housings 41.3 in. (1050 mm)
• Volume, rear seat up 34.5 cu. ft. (.98 m3)
• Volume, rear seat folded 73.9 cu. ft. (2.09 m3)

I presume the difference in the measurements from what I took is this takes into account the slope of the rear hatch of the car and the slope of the seats.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks a lot guys.

Below are the dimensions I already have for the Surf and P38. The good news is that whilst the L322 isn't quite as big as the Surf, I think the improvement over the P38 makes it close enough to be workable.

Now I just need to find a good/reliable one!

Surf
Seats down= 175cm
Seats up= 115cm
Window panel 2 window panel=133cms
Wheel arch 2 wheel arch= 97cm

Range Rover
Seats down= 134cm
Seats up= 72cm
Width = 110cm

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
203 Posts
We had a full dog cage that was purchased when we had a P38. When we got our L322 the cage would not fit. Height and width were OK but we had to have approximately 4" taken off the depth of the cage, mainly due to the steeper slope of the tailgate and the deeper trim panel at the top of the upper tailgate.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We had a full dog cage that was purchased when we had a P38. When we got our L322 the cage would not fit. Height and width were OK but we had to have approximately 4" taken off the depth of the cage, mainly due to the steeper slope of the tailgate and the deeper trim panel at the top of the upper tailgate.
Bugger. Most of my sailing stuff is softish bags and sails so hopefully the sloping angles won't create to much dead space but still usable. Will inspect one at the weekend and decide.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts