RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone's car have an absorption/ insulation mat on the underside of the bonnet?
Mine doesn't and I'm wondering if any vehicles had one, does it make any difference to the noise if they do, and where can I buy one?
Cheers in advance guys :thumb:

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,765 Posts
I imagine Rimmers would have them. AB sells them over here. As far as a noise difference all of the P38s I have driven and worked on all have them so I have no idea what one without would be like. Sorry.

·
Registered
494 Posts
it could have been removed. after a million or so miles they can get sorta ratty...just put in a new one. it certainly can't hurt.

anyone ever try that sound proofing material in lieu of the oem material? i guess you just cut it to size?

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found it on a couple of RR suppliers, £107 plus postage :shock:
Maybe looking for an alternative at that price.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
5,393 Posts
I've only ever seen them on the 4.6 HSE and higher spec cars. The 4.0 doesn't appear to have it.

I don't know about the diesel cars, though.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I thought they were just supposed to keep the engine bay heat from distorting the paint on your bonnet? I falsely figured all came equipped from the factory.
Check all your local wrecking yards. Most of the ones I found were pretty worn out, but eventually I found a good one, for $25.

·
Registered
541 Posts
My 1996 4.0 has one. In great shape except for a area where apparently a mouse got in it and chewed a depression.

I've used aftermarket cut to fit panels before, they work very well. I believe it was Dynamat hoodliner. About $50 US. Works just as good as OEM if not better.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts